T301 WIFI Will Not Connect to Home Network

neilmw

Jul 24, 2011
I received my T301 a couple of evenings ago and out of the box, it connected to my home network with no problem. After about thirty minutes it told me it was out of range. I get this even when I am next to my modem and router. I reset the t301 and still have not been able to be recognized on my network since. I know my network, which I have had for six years is working fine. My wife's laptop connects wirelessly immediately and without issue, as is my roku device, my other laptop and each and every wireless device I power up. However, it is as if my wifi just plain broke or something. My t301 came with android 2.2. Any guidance to help me utilize wifi on my T301 will be much appreciated.

deb

Aug 24, 2010
How is it working now?

I was reading the Our Review of the Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet (T103) (not the one you and I have, but there was a comment that might apply to you).
In the comments, someone said "If so and you selected your network, do you have a secure network? Make sure the security key was correctly typed into it. It should state it is obtaining IP address. Once connected, it will say connected. If not, it could be your router. Try a public WiFi like McDonalds or Starbucks to see if it works. "

Also have you shut everything down to see if that could reset everything? If it's still not working, try a public WiFi and see what happens.

Mine worked at a mcdonald's just fine. They had 3 wifi connections and I tried 2 and they both worked (only one for the market and I can't remember which one that was).

Last edited:

neilmw

Jul 24, 2011
Hi Deb.. Thanks for you feedback and suggestions. It still does not work. I tried McDonalds and the Houston Library and it just kept scanning. I brought along my cell phone which also has WIFI and it recognized several networks in the area and I connected to the open networks with no problem. My T301 doesn't recognize any of the hotspots.

Also, I did a hard reset on the T301 and rebooted my modem and router at home to no avail. I am going to wait to hear back from the Micro Cruz folks and if they can't recommend anything I am going to try to get a replacement.

If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it... Thanks again.. Neil

lilmommals

Dec 15, 2011
You need to input your Router Network key which can be found under you router network settings...go to Wifi settings, go to your wifi network name, click on it, the box will ask if you want to forget, click that...then go to wifi and turn on.....put your 10 digit network key in And you should be good to go.....Let me know if it works I had that issue I was putting in the password to my network and that doesnt obtain an IP address....your trying to connect your tablet to your wireless router