Tab 4 - double tap to unlock keypad problem

GuatoOriginal

Jan 5, 2015
I recently received a SM-T231-Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with 7.0 inch display as a gift. It's my first phablet so I'm still getting used to it. I am having a problem with a "forced" lock screen activating a few seconds after connecting to a call. It's extremely annoying because I wish to multitask after making sure to connect to a call and have to double tap the screen each and every time I pull up the dial pad on screen during a call. Also if i wish to adjust the volume, type in numbers for prompts, mute the phone, switch to or from speakerphone, etc. I'm a novice to forums so I provided an attachment that shows a screen shot of what I'm talking about just in case I'm not typing enough information. Any help is greatly appreciated even if it's to tell me that I'm SOL because that is a feature that is deeply rooted in my Samsung device. I have not rooted my phablet nor do I wish to do such a thing. btw, my device is a combination of a phone and a tablet but is more tablet than phone and seems to be more prevalent in Arab countries as that is where it was sent from and was switched from Russian to my native language of American English. I'm new to forums and think I'm being too informative, so I'll end here. Thanks for the help.
Screenshot_2015-01-05-13-58-45.png

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Guato, congratulations on your new Tab 4 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

GuatoOriginal

Jan 5, 2015
Hi Guato, congratulations on your new Tab 4 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Oh, ok well damn! I coulda did that! (If I knew what the hell I was doin' lol) thx, Spider!!!