tablet facetime app?

sontan

Apr 26, 2011
I mainly got this tablet for the face time but I can't seem to find an app that works. I tried skype, qikm and tango. They all seem to be made for the phone and don't work with the tab. Just wondering what's the point of the front camera if it can't do face time? Thanks guys

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
I would like to try to connect with family members who are on MSN. I have been able to see myself on the webcam by clicking on the little icon on the camera. It is the icon with rotating arrows.
If anyone successfully connects with the webcam to any video chat service, please post the service and app you are using. Many thanks.

JoeRnCT

Apr 28, 2011
I downloaded Qik to my A500 and everything except "2-Way Live Video Chat" works. Then I went to the Market and read the description for Qik and it states that it's not compatible with Honeycomb. While writing this, I searched the Market for Qik so I could get the proper wording in their description, but can't find any Qik App. I searched on my EVO (Froyo) and I only get "Qik Video by Sprint". Yesterday when I installed Qik on my Iconia, the market showed Qik Video Connect and Qik by Sprint. Now I see nothing. Tango didn't seem Honeycomb friendly either.

JoeRnCT

Apr 28, 2011
First thing I noticed when recording video was that the mic quality sucks. I looked all over and couldn't find the Mic. After using a voice recorder and tapping around on the tablet, I found the Mic to be near the middle of the top bezel. "Top" meaning when held in landscape. I think Acer should have just used a little hole rather than burying a Mic under the frame.

cbotd

Apr 29, 2011
Yahoo messenger worked great for me on my Elocity A7 tablet. I have not tried it yet on my A500 but it was the only thing that worked on the A7. I don't know why it wouldn't work on the A500 as well.

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
Tried fringe - total flop. Couldn't get the test to record and playback an intelligible video/audio.

JoeRnCT

Apr 28, 2011
I just downloaded Fring to my Iconia. Have it on my EVO and never used it because nobody I know has a phone with a front camera. So anyway, I Fringed myself (and it felt good) :) It worked fine. At first I was trying to figure out why the image was upside down and finally realized both devices need to be in landscape mode.

shel755

May 13, 2011
I have downloaded almost every single "video chat" app for the android out there. every one i get the same results, the person on the other end can not hear me or it's very choppy or sound is low. I've use google talk on a pc, xoom, and evo (fring) and different apps/devices, same result. they can't hear me but see me fine. when I record video or do speech to text feature, it works fine, so i don't think it's a hardware issue. anyone out there having the same issue?