Tablet Factory Reset

mrtippmann

Jan 15, 2013
i have a saycool a710 tablet and my little sisters tried to get on and messed up the password to many time and then we changed the internet password and we forget what the internet password was before we changed it so i can do anything when i slide the thing to unlock it it ask's for my gmail account and password but it doesnt work because i dont have internet so is there a way i can reset it to factory settings can someone please help

Last edited:

mrtippmann

Jan 15, 2013
is there button combo i can push when i am turning it on to reset it to factory settings

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The button combo varies from tablet to tablet but from a powered down state you could try some combination of the volume button (first) and the power button and hold them both down to see what pops up. It may be volume down or volume up, or none of the above.

doc2th

Jan 15, 2013
After much searching, I was finally able to remove the pattern lock from one of the kid's tablets. It was a little involved but I followed directions that I found on several sites. All of this is available in various locations but this is how I did it.

Allwinner A13 Cortex A8,
Model number: “SoftwinerEvb”
Android version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 1.5
Kernal version: 3.0.8+ Android3@linux#80
Build Number Nuclear_evb-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D

One of the kids placed a pattern lock on the tablet that she couldn’t remember.
We tried too many times and the tablet locked up.
They all used the same google account when downloading from google play so the password option through google to reset wasn’t available.

I needed a way to remove the pattern lock or to reset the tablet.

1 Fortunately USB debugging had been set as default on the tablet.
2 I downloaded the SDK package with tools and platform tools.
3 That package had the adb programs that we needed to reset.
4 Unfortunately the adb couldn’t recognize the tablet.
5 The Android showed in Device Manager with a yellow triangle.
6 Updating the device driver on via web was useless.
7 I needed an updated USB driver
8 I found the updated USB driver for this device in Uberizer from TechKnow.
9 The driver that I needed was stored in C:\Program Files\Techknow\Uberizer\Usb driver\A1x livesuite 107 32 bit.
10 One computer used the 32 bit and one used the 64 bit. (both are available)
11 Finally I was able to access the SDK\platform-tools\adb.exe (program)
12 There area lot of tutorials on how to use SDK and adb but my mani problem was the adb recognizing my android device. If it doesn’t see the tablet you surely need the correct USB driver.
13 First I used Uberizer to connect.
14 Then I used the CMD prompt in windows and followed the path to where the adb program was stored. Mine was C:\Developer\SDK\Platform-tools\ (it came packaged within a package alt-bundle-windows-x86, but I moved the SDK portion to an easier place to access.
15 Dos commands opened the C:\Developer\SDK\Platform-tools\
16 I used “C:\Developer\SDK\Platform-tools\adb devices” to make sure the tablet was recognized.
17 Then I used the C:\Developer\SDK\Platform-tools\adb shell <return>
18 rm /data/system/gesture.key (note the space following “rm”)
19 Then I booted the tablet and the pattern lock was gone.
20 TA DAH!
21 Thanks to Uberizer site and How-to men on You tube among others.

I hope this is of some help.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
is there button combo i can push when i am turning it on to reset it to factory settings

I'm pretty sure it's Volume Up and Power that usually does it.

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.

mrtippmann

Jan 15, 2013
i tried the many button combos but i cant get any too work and to doc2th i dont think that will work because i need to sign into my gmail account to to unlock it but the name of the router and the password of the router was changed and we dont know what it was before and there are only 3 buttons on the tablet power and the volume up and down

bodidiang

Jan 21, 2013
To reset:

1. Make sure the unit is powered off.
  2. Press and hold the "V+ or V- BUTTON" and the "POWER BUTTON" simultaneously for 15 seconds.
  3. The Android recovery screen will appear.
  4. Use the "VOL+ BUTTON" to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" then press the "POWER BUTTON" to select this option.
  5. On the next screen, scroll down to "Yes -- Delete all user data" and press the "POWER BUTTON."
  6. Then select "Reboot System Now" again using the "POWER BUTTON"
  7. The tablet should now be back to it's factory settings and you should be able to access it once again.

mrtippmann

Jan 15, 2013
yay i got it fixed i pluged it in to my pc and it had a backup thing pop up i hit the back button and it said the password was messed up to many times and i can format to factory setting so i now it works thanks for the help

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have tried the volume button and the power button and I am getting nothing

Welcome to the forum

The timing can be tricky unless you're saying you aren't getting any response at all. In which case you may have something else going on,. possibly with the charger, cable or battery.