Tablet for note taking, and diagram.

azeluk

Sep 21, 2012
Hey everyone, this is my first post so please be gentle as I will be asking about that dreaded apple tablet and im not sure how taboo that is on here lol, so here goes, I am starting back at uni very shortly I will be doing an electronics course, the course will require me to make notes be it math analytics or just general note taking, but I will also need to draw diagrams ie circuit's etc, now I'm on a budget and I've taken a bit of a shine to the nexus 7 for £200 will this tablet do the job for me, now here's the taboo bit I've been offered a second hand ipad2 for £250 or a first gen for £150 both 16gb what are you HONEST opinions which would do the best job.

many thanks.

Azeluk

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
For taking hand written notes "in a hurry" none of the tablets in my opinion would be suited for the frenzied pace of college note taking. Drawing and writing notes are a bit too clumsy for touch screens. Works fairly well if you take your time but these new screens are touchy when it comes to drawing with the finger or with a stylus, doesn't matter. But if you are typing it in then I say go for the Nexus 7.

bkar81

Sep 20, 2012
Please check out for Catch & Groovy Notes for Tablet...

Both are good..

Please let me know if you come across anything good.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Really the only one currently available tablet that will do what you want well is the Samsung, Galaxy Note, but if you decide on something else, and with your budget constraints, there are a couple usable capacitive stylus out there, and including the Caseen Vibe and the Pogo Sketch Pro. Also check out Freenote, an app that really manages to make capacitive screens useful for note taking and sketching.