Tablet Internal Storage Problem...

ChrizT

May 10, 2013
Hello,
I'm new in Android Tablets and i need you help for 2 critical issues of my tablet...

Recently i bought a 10" tablet with an Allwinner A10 processor and in try with a app (zroot something...) to root my storage to install some apps... In the first restart of the tablet, it shrink my primary internal storage to 26.41mb (the size of the pre-install apps)!!
Like this image:
tablet-1.jpg

I try to reset to factory settings, to reset, but always crash in start like it needs more space...
Now at this time, i can't do anything! I can't install either 1kb application! :(

Any idea to fix this problem?

Also, in this tablet i can't install Google Play. Any idea (if of-course i solve the 1st) to install it?... :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The link to the tablet you purchased was removed as it led to the seller's website. Posting such links in the future will lead to warnings from the moderator team, so please be careful regarding your links.

Now that I've gotten the moderator business out of the way, the one-click root tool you used mangled your internal partitions. Unless the company that made the tablet provides a firmware image for download, it's not likely that you'll be able to restore the tablet and will need to exchange it. However, it's possible that one of our developers can come up with a possible fix for your issue.

ChrizT

May 10, 2013
Thank you Traveller! (and sorry for the external link)

If needed to sent some detailed informations for the model let me know, 'cause as a no-branded tablet i'm not believe i can find any firmware image...

I hope anyone developer can find a solution to not send it back and receive it after a month+...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Just from the picture, I would guess /data isn't mounted, zroot shouldn't be used, no root tool should be used that messes with sdcard or modifying mount points.

Try to boot into recovery and factory reset.
Post your df results.

adb shell
busybox df -h

My guess data isn't mounted on correct partition you would need to format your data partition.

You are pretty much on your own.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

ChrizT

May 10, 2013
I try a lot of times to restore, but always take this image:

$tablet-3.jpg

Also i try to wipe data & cache....

$tablet-4.jpg

...but nothing happend... :(
And i don't have any file to try to restore from external storage.

adb shell
busybox df -h

About the above code... sorry, but is "Chinese" for me... I'm not a developer, i'm just a user and i don't understand what exactly means...

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Wiping data and factory resets will not help you here, because they only clear the contents of the partitions, not re-size them. The code he is asking you to run would tell him about the partitions in the device. If you're not familiar with ADB (Android Debug Bridge), you should take the time to become familiar with it as most rooting methods require ADB to work.

ChrizT

May 10, 2013
I supposed will be more easy to restore (maybe with external file based on model/kernel/baseband/whatever) without need to read and learn some code for hours... and in final to not working... :/
I don't know... maybe finally will be better to send it back to see it someone more expert and experienced from me...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I supposed will be more easy to restore (maybe with external file based on model/kernel/baseband/whatever) without need to read and learn some code for hours... and in final to not working... :/
I don't know... maybe finally will be better to send it back to see it someone more expert and experienced from me...

Yes send it back, next time don't use zroot.

Mar 7, 2014
I try a lot of times to restore, but always take this image:

View attachment 10816

Also i try to wipe data & cache....

View attachment 10817

...but nothing happend... :(
And i don't have any file to try to restore from external storage.
About the above code... here's the result...

$WP_20140307_003.jpg

in my tab firstly there is internal sd card known as internal memory of 4 gb from which around 2 or 2.5 gb is used for installing apps and ram etc. etc and 2nd is external sd card which is further mounted
now i have a problem in my device that the memory of installing apps and ram etc was as it is but rest internal memory which was before used for storage purpose is now become 0 bytes even i can't able to mount that storage by connecting my tab with computer.. in my computer it says please insert disk...
everywhere it says firstly mount sdcard means internal memory but i cant even open storage in my settings whenever i click on storage settings crashes...
I have HCL ME U1 tab... please help me.... i have successfully rooted it through adb commands given on ur forum

mikseri123321

Sep 17, 2015
im sorry to bump an old post but i have the same problem, i did the adb thing and this is what was returned:

shell@android:/ # busybox df -h
busybox df -h
Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 450.5M 64.0K 450.5M 0% /dev
tmpfs 450.5M 0 450.5M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 450.5M 0 450.5M 0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock6 127.9M 24.1M 103.8M 19% /factory
/dev/block/system 661.4M 415.9M 245.5M 63% /system
/dev/block/cache 78.7M 4.1M 74.6M 5% /cache
/dev/block/vold/250:37
4.0G 43.0M 4.0G 1% /storage/sdcard0
/dev/block/vold/250:37