Tablet problems, please help me!

burnsmh

Sep 18, 2012
I bought my girlfriend an 7 inch android tablet with a 2.2 OS. It got to her house and she can't get google play on it. The device won't register on her google account. When she re-starts it connected to wifi it wont update android market to google play. Really the only thing she can do on it is play on the internet. We bought it so she could play games and watch netflix. Anyone know how to fix this? I would really like to fix it and not return it, but its really frustrating her.

It is a Generic tablet, it doesn't have a brand name. If there is no way to fix it, can I flash it and put an updated OS on it? if so where would I get the OS?

Here is a link to the purchase.

8GB 7 inch Color ANDROID 2.2 Tablet PC W/TouchScreen, Wi-Fi / 3G With e-reader | eBay

D

Dawnstar

First hello

Welcome to AT forum.

To your question, i would flash it with Jelly bean OS. English

But wait maybe the wi-fi is weak in your in home or area, try to stand next to your Internet hub and then register with google again if not there could be many reasons it might not work,Btw is it a Chinese tablet with any Chinese app on it?

Before you update or change the tablet OS you will need the RkBatchTool_1.5.exe to install on the PC then you will need the OS, JB or ICS?

I can give you a guild how to install the OS if you like?

Last edited by a moderator:

burnsmh

Sep 18, 2012
First hello

Welcome to AT forum.

To your question, i would flash it with Jelly bean OS. English

But wait maybe the wi-fi is weak in your in home or area, try to stand next to your Internet hub and then register with google again if not there could be many reasons it might not work,Btw is it a Chinese tablet with any Chinese app on it?

Before you update or change the tablet OS you will need the RkBatchTool_1.5.exe to install on the PC then you will need a the OS, JB or ICS?

I can give you a guild how to install the OS if you like?

By guild, do you mean tutorial? Yes, that would be nice. I really wish i didnt have to flash it, but when she trys to update the market to play it wont update. And it just wont register on google.com it doesnt seem to have any chinese applications. If you want to email me the guide or the files, [email protected] is my email.

burnsmh

Sep 18, 2012
bump for assistance. Anyone know a tutorial? Can I flash this device with a new OS? Where do I download the OS? How do I flash the device? How do I install the OS on the device?

D

Dawnstar

Ok this guild is only for the (Rockchip) Cube But it will give you an idea what you need and how to install

You will need the (RKBatchTool.exe) then (OS Jelly bean 1.0.4) and (update 1.0.6)

This is the batchtool_1.5 you need to install this to your PC/laptop desktop
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5.zip

Theses files below are only for the (
Dualcore Rockchip RK3066)

This is the Jelly bean in Chinese, the file in the rar you need is called 104file open this and copy it to your desktop you must install this first.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Desktop.rar

The update Jelly Bean 1.0.6 this will turn all you tablet into English with no Chinese app
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106.zip

1. Shut down your tablet
2. Plug the USB cable into your tablet the other end of the USB cable to your PC

3. Now press the power and volume + buttons together then wait for Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

5. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folder within the extracted batch tool folder and select it allowing windows to install the driver. If you aren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failurego to Device Manager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and select update drivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with the drivers for your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

6. If all ok the "device 1 connected" square within theRKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

7. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

8. The green square should change to orange showing that theflash operationis happening

9. If all ok you should get a success message at the end (takes about 3minutes)

10. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then pressthe power button

11. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than anormal boot. Justbe patient and wait for the lockscreen.

12. The default language will be Chinese. When you get a prompt hit the home button and then go to settings and look for the menu option with a letter A (this is language). Select this and then the top option on the right hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. SelectEnglish (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.
Done.

Keep the tablet usb in and do number (7) to update 1.0.6 Jelly bean

Last edited by a moderator:

wydieq

Sep 13, 2012
Ok this guild is only for the (Rockchip) Cube But it will give you an idea what you need and how to install

You will need the (RKBatchTool.exe) then (OS Jelly bean 1.0.4) and (update 1.0.6)

This is the batchtool_1.5 you need to install this to your PC/laptop desktop
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Rockchip_Batch_Tool_v1.5.zip

Theses files below are only for the (
Dualcore RockchipRK3066)

This is the Jelly bean in Chinese, the file in the rar you need is called 104file open this and copy it to your desktop you must install this first.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/Desktop.rar

The update Jelly Bean 1.0.6 this will turn all you tablet into English with no Chinese app
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106697397/kasty-cube_u30gt_h-41-106.zip

1. Shut down your tablet
2. Plug the USB cable into your tablet the other end of the USB cable to your PC

3. Now press the power and volume + buttons together then wait for Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

5. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folder within the extracted batch tool folder and select it allowing windows to install the driver. If you aren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failurego to Device Manager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and select update drivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with the drivers for your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

6. If all ok the "device 1 connected" square within theRKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

7. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

8. The green square should change to orange showing that theflash operationis happening

9. If all ok you should get a success message at the end (takes about 3minutes)

10. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then pressthe power button

11. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than anormal boot. Justbe patient and wait for the lockscreen.

12. The default language will be Chinese. When you get a prompt hit the home button and then go to settings and look for the menu option with a letter A (this is language). Select this and then the top option on the right hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. SelectEnglish (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.
Done.

Keep the tablet usb in and do number (7) to update 1.0.6 Jelly bean

many Chinese tablet can take this as reference, but supported ROM should be found.
Tablette tactile一Téléphone portable

stefanija

Oct 15, 2012
Hi,
I bought a 10" Flytouch 3 Superpad 3 Android 2.3 Tablet 512MB 8GB WiFi Cam Newest Version 2 weeks ago. First week it worked perfectly but than,few days ago,I entered the display settings to explore ...I don't remember the name of the option I entered,I think it was something with "touch screen",than black screen showed up with something like target pointer in every corner and in the middle,I pressed some of them but than the whole system went down. Now only thing that I can do,is to turn the tablet on,get the Vimicero logo showed followed by the android logo. This goes on for 5 min and shuts down (it is set to go sleep in 5 min).
Thanks in advance :)