Tablet Resolution and HDMI output

Desperado_22

Feb 28, 2011
Hi I am new to this forum and have a couple of questions before I take the plunge and buy a tablet:

1. Resolution/Programmes: I have a HTC Desire phone with Android 2.2...which is great. Can I assume that I can install all the same apps on a 800x480 And. 2.2 tablet? Or is there some problem installing on tablets rather than phones?
Would a 1024 x 600 Tablet also automatically scale all 800x480 content up to 1024x600?
(Cant decide whether to go 7" with 800x480 or 10" with 1024x600)

2. If I want to attach a tablet via HDMI/and cordless usb keyboard with an LCD TV to browse internet... what resolution will I have in the android web browser on TV? 800x480 or HD (as in video output via HDMI)? ie. does the HDMI put everything out in HD, or just HD videos?

Would appreciate answers from any of you with experience of this.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
1) Depends on the exact model, but for some tablets, yes. The Galaxy Tab has been out for a while (at that resolution_, so some of the better games should work.

2) For devices that just output the tablet's UI out to HDMI, if you have 800x480, it will be similar to DVD quality. Typically it will be the resolution of the device, upscaled to the resolution of the TV. Might depend on the model you buy.

justinepeter

Feb 28, 2011
The characteristics of tablet or any electronic device changes device to device, depending upon the model. So it depends on the support of apps to your device.