[Tablet`s FWDN mode]HSG MIDX5A after flashing lk.rom can`t get into FWDN

olivierre

Mar 9, 2012
Hey guys.....

This is pretty much my first thread . I have got a Chinese android tablet called HSG MIDX5A Telechips Tcc 8902 (a.k.a. Herotab RK7, Pandawill G11 1st model) with ARM1176J2 chip.

What I did yesterday is that I tried to get it into recovery mode and then somebody on IRC assisted me to flash the tablet with the recovery image using fastboot and then I got the recovery mode <3e> working but I was not able to navigate through the recovery menu using the home, back and menu buttons. However I do not have any Vloume up /down keys with this tablet .

BUT this is not my problem now. After I failed to navigate through the recovery menu I decided to flash a new lk.rom file using FWDN V7 2.13 and that went fine but as you guys know I need to flash the tcc8902_mtd.img after that. Here is the problem I want to get into the FWDN mode to flash the tcc8902_mtd.img but I`ve been trying since yesterday and I was not able to go into FWDN mode. My tablet is not booting too normally. I`ve tried to make the splash screen "I love you " to still there but no hope. I`ve tried the home+power button and also power+touch the center of the screen also did not work too. Whenever I release my finger out of the power button it just turn off.

So please what do you guys suggest ???

Last edited:

tiberian

Jan 30, 2012
The other combination for these tablets is while pressing/holding menu+home+back, press and hold power button. If this combination works, you may have flashed an X6D LK Rom. Also, where you say it just turns off when you take your finger off the power button, confirms that you flashed the wrong LK Rom. Identify the correct lk rom and mtd image, then reflash, and you should be fine. :)

olivierre

Mar 9, 2012
The other combination for these tablets is while pressing/holding menu+home+back, press and hold power button. If this combination works, you may have flashed an X6D LK Rom. Also, where you say it just turns off when you take your finger off the power button, confirms that you flashed the wrong LK Rom. Identify the correct lk rom and mtd image, then reflash, and you should be fine. :)

Hey thanks for your reply but I am really sure that I flashed the right rom and here is the link ATF - About Us (just search in the box for X5A and you will find two of them and I used the first one X5A #348 Stock Rom "2.1-update1") or from here too http://files.androtab.info/telechips/cm7/20111029/X5A/X5A-FWDN-image.zip

Again I am really struggling on how can I put the tablet in FWDN mode, however I tried the combination you just mentioned and it did not work for me . Yeah something happened to me yesterday that I tried to push the middle of the screen but firmly and really hard at the same time I hold the power button and finally the splash screen"I love you" freezed as it should be but I was not able to get it detected by FWDN V7 2.13 ? Am I doing something wrong ?Should I switch to windows xp 32 bit ? I am using windows 7 64 bit which I had to hack the drivers in order to get the tablet detected at the first beginning before I flashed the lk.rom file so please help :(

Last edited: