Telechips TCC89xx VTC FWDN & .rom, .img and .fai Files for MID80xx

luxedesignnyc

Jun 22, 2013
I'm sorry to make a post like this right above my other one but the subject of the thread really has no bearing on what's going on if anyone was looking specifically to figure out the same issue...

I can't boot to recovery mode simply because I have no bootloader to load it basically... the bootloader is controls things like the COBY logo, the battery charging status screen when the tablet would be off - that sort of is gone yo. I *COULD* use FWDN to flash images to the nand but COBY doesn't have the proper images or something, I'm not sure, it's like one guy answering support over there all day or something, he suggested I e-mail support. The only way even I can recognize the tablet at all is via USB, only AFTER installing the TC drivers - which btw the tablet is using x64 driver as Telechips TCC89xx VTC USB Driver USB\VID_140E&PID_B086&REV_0100 and that part works fine. If anyone with an MID8048 could somehow figure out how to dump a complete FWDN image with the lk.rom, img and NAND Data.fai files for this or at least a compatible chipset Coby KYROS tablet that would be awesome though...

I also e-mailed COBY -

"I called your support # the guy told me this was my only option, maybe....

I have never purchased a COBY tablet before, but I will say this much - if you want to provide LESS customer support, at least post restore images for your devices perhaps....
I develop with a LOT of Samsung devices, they give developers free re-flashes as long as the device is under warranty. Needless to say I'll be somewhat not happy if I can't get this tablet to work again due to no one being able to get the files to flash it.... "

Does ANYONE out there even have this tablet at ALL??? Or was I the only one who bought it even???
If so, could you dump the NAND data for me PLEASE lol...

majki09

Aug 23, 2013
Hi luxedesignnyc! Did you solve your problem? I have the same. If You want I have lk.rom and tcc8803.mtd files for that chip. But when I flash these files via FWDN nothing is happening. I mean when I flash these files FWDN shows that BOOT is downloaded (or something like that) and after few seconds window disappears. I don't know if bootloader is programmed succesfully or not.

I have also whole NAND content (backup) BIN file (approx 4.2GB). Basically what I did is put out the NAND, erase it and reflashed it with different img. Img was not proper NAND content for that tablet and this operation bricked the device. I reflashed the NAND with backup BIN, but now I have bricked device and issue like yours.

NAND is Hynix H27UBG8T2A.

Does someone has the answer for that issue?

Last edited: