Tablet Thinks It Has a Mouse and It's Driving Me Crazy!

cordoba

Dec 28, 2012
Somehow my A2109 thinks it has a mouse attached, and there is an annoying circle pointer on the screen which behaves like a mouse and not like my finger. Also, since it thinks it has a mouse, I can't use the onscreen keyboard without pointing at each key with the "mouse." I've toggled every setting imaginable to try to get rid of it to no avail - there is still a setting in the language input for mouse/trackpad pointer speed (but no option for disabling it).

In desperation, I did a factory reset, but sure enough, when it rebooted and asked me to choose my language, there was that damn circle taunting me.

Is there some way I can either disable this mouse function or start over from the ground up and reinstall the ROM?

My technical skill, while not very great, was enough to follow the directions on this forum to root the device oh so long ago (all of those instructions are now fuzzy). So, feel free to suggest something of similar difficulty if you think it would work.

I hope you are all well and, unlike me, experiencing few technical catastrophes in your own lives!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Try this Settings - Language & Input scroll down to mouse/trackpad - Trackpad pointer Style - gestures. I don't have your tablet but I think that should lead you in the right direction.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Hmm, strange. If it did it after a factory reset I would say it thinks there is a physical keyboard connected to the USB port. Do you have anything in a USB port on your tablet?

cordoba

Dec 28, 2012
Try this Settings - Language & Input scroll down to mouse/trackpad - Trackpad pointer Style - gestures. I don't have your tablet but I think that should lead you in the right direction.​

Believe me, I've investigated every setting under Language & Input, there is no setting for gestures or anything - just pointer speed, and that just affects how fast the circle moves, not its existence.

Hmm, strange. If it did it after a factory reset I would say it thinks there is a physical keyboard connected to the USB port. Do you have anything in a USB port on your tablet?​

I did have it plugged into the wall charger through the mini-USB, but even on battery it does the same thing. One thing is I did try to use the bluetooth to share some files with my computer at one point (but this was like a week ago, and I've used it since then with no circle mouse - this only happened a few days ago).

I'll try and post a picture when I get home today.