Tablet Won't Charge

ChadG

Dec 25, 2013
My sero 7 pro is only 4 months old and it won't charge. I didn't keep the receipt and hisense won't help me at all. I tried a couple of different chargers. I think the charger port is bad because I got it to start charging for a moment. Can I fix this? Can I have it fixed? Thanks and Merry Christmas. Or happy holidays.

Macktion

Dec 18, 2013
You know, im afraid that if its an issue with the port having gone bad, I could tell you how to open it up, but any soldering.... yeah, i would not want to be doing it...

BUT, maybe we can rule out some things. I am fairly confident that the Sero 7 Pro had a charger that outputs 5v 2.1a
If the issue is that it just does not seem to be charging, perhaps you should try a charger that has that kind of output?
If the tablet detects and then stops charging, I would try a different cable, just to rule that out, and then finally, if the problem persists:

Last edited by a moderator:

hd0829

Apr 8, 2013
Hello all! I am having a similar problem with my HiSense Pro tablet not charging properly. I have connected a USB cable to my laptop AND even plugged the charger that came with the tablet and sometimes it charges and sometimes it doesn't even tho the charge icon shows that it is charging.

The tablet is about 6 months old. Any suggestions? Thanks!

blacknbluevue

Jun 9, 2014
Hi folks
My sero pro 7 is almost a year old and just recently started suffering from the same issues. I alternately try charging via (1) sero-to-laptop, (2) sero-to-wall outlet with usb converter, (3) sero-to-wall outlet with one piece charger, and (4) sero-to-vehicle. These methods all are very slow. I used method 2 over last night and the tablet only charged 6%. Could my battery need replacing? Aside from this problem, I am very satisfied with my sero.
Thanks to all for any help

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

A worn battery is a possibility, or a bad charging circuit.

Catherine Selam

Oct 29, 2014
I see this thread is pretty old, but I am having same difficulties with my Trio Stealth-9. No damage except that I let the battery die and didn't charge it for a few weeks. Plugged it in and NOTHING. There is however a blinking green light, but it won't turn on at all. Charged it for 20 hours or so. Also plugged in the mini usb as well. But still not turning on. I was wondering if there was a fix for this or if there is a way I can get it fixed.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I see this thread is pretty old, but I am having same difficulties with my Trio Stealth-9. No damage except that I let the battery die and didn't charge it for a few weeks. Plugged it in and NOTHING. There is however a blinking green light, but it won't turn on at all. Charged it for 20 hours or so. Also plugged in the mini usb as well. But still not turning on. I was wondering if there was a fix for this or if there is a way I can get it fixed.
Welcome to the forum

Have you tried plugging it into a running PC for >5 hours. See if doing that changes the status of the light. Then long press the power button. If it feels like it started it may be the screen is bad.

c sloan

Jan 23, 2015
My sero 7 pro is only 4 months old and it won't charge. I didn't keep the receipt and hisense won't help me at all. I tried a couple of different chargers. I think the charger port is bad because I got it to start charging for a moment. Can I fix this? Can I have it fixed? Thanks and Merry Christmas. Or happy holidays.

I have owned my HiSense Sero Pro 7 for 13 months and recently experience the same issue with it not recharging, even when left attached to the charger for 16 hours. I finally figured out the key issue and now it is 100% charged.

I contacted HiSense USA's customer service <[email protected]> and had a quick response and detailed response in less than 24 hours. But by myself I figured out how to fix it after reading the pdf manual on their website. It required I find the HiSense wall plug with the usb slot on the back of it (diagram was in the pdf manual, so it was much easier to find) AND HiSense name was on it. I used a new usb to micro usb cable, plugged that and the tablet into an outlet that had nothing else plugged into it. It worked and completely charged the unit very quickly.

It has to be the non-use of a 5v/2amp charger that is keeping the unit from recharging properly. I rechecked each plug I had tried before and notice most of them were not a 5v/2amp type. With the two that were, I had not used a new USB cable and there were other electronics plugged in at the time I attempted to charge.

Hopefully HiSense can pass that info along to others who may have the same issue. I saw many listed on the Google search I did trying to find out how to fix the unit.

I have a Duracell unit I purchased with a 1amp and a 2.1 amp usb plugs. Next time I will try to see if it also work.

5 stars for a quick AND through response from HiSense Support Services! Even though I had figured out the issue and recharged the unit before their repsonse; yes I should have read the manual first!.
C Sloan

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Hisense, as do most all manufacturers, always reccomend only using the supplied charging units. While I don't use the Hisense charger, for my Sero8, I do make sure that the capacities are equivalent.
As for the Hisense customer service, I've called once, had a pleasent conversation with a person in Atlanta. My problem was acted on quickly.
Good to know that Hisense USA hasn't outsourced overseas.