Take a Screenshot

pollie

Nov 11, 2013
Hi!

I have a polaroid tablet diamond 9" MIDC901.
Can someone help me please? :s
How can i take a screenshot with this tablet?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi pollie, congratulations on your Polaroid tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Holding the Volume Down and Power buttons down at the same time will take a screenshot on most Android tablets. If that doesn't work for yours or you want a more elegant solution, there are lots of apps available for that. Enjoy the forum!

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
The Screenshot app provides an elegant alternative to physically manipulating those actual power and volume buttons. One easy tap of the screen gets the job done.

OK Great but will it take the Screenshot and save it to the tablet, "WITHOUT" the tablet having to be rooted?
And if so what's the name of it?
And where can we get it?

I don't want to waste my time having to have it hooked to my desktop just to get screenshots, Seems pretty stupid to me to have to have it hooked to my windows pc, to get a screenshot in android!
When the whole idea of Android is to get you away from windows to begin with.

I had a Lenovo A2109A where I could take a Screenshot with a root Screenshot program.
But it wasn't rooted to the point where I could Trash my ROM if anything went wrong, It at least allowed me to be able to do a Hard Reset.

Maybe someone here could guide us in the right direction towards one?
It seems silly that we can't take a lousy Screenshot with any tablet without either having to have it tethered to a windows pc, Or having to root the tablet something most of us don't want to do.

Thanks in any case for any input: Ricky

edap

Dec 12, 2012
With all the tons of free screenshot apps available on Play Store, has anyone yet come across just one that is "designed for tablets" and that does not require root or a windows pc connection?

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
On my Slate 7 I hold power and down-
Loudness for 2 seconds and get a screen shot. No app needed.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
With all the tons of free screenshot apps available on Play Store, has anyone yet come across just one that is "designed for tablets" and that does not require root or a windows pc connection?

As for one made for tablets?
I have not seen any.
But any Phone Screenshot Program will work that's made for Android.

As for one that doesn't require root?
Yes if you don't mind one that you have to hook your tablet to your PC...
These types are numerous.

I seen on Play Store Last night one that claims to work just like root screenshot app.
Yet it doesn't have to have root to work.
I've just gotten my new A1-810 today and I'll give that app a shot, And if it works I'll be sure to post it here.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
On my Slate 7 I hold power and down-
Loudness for 2 seconds and get a screen shot. No app needed.

Yes that is the standard way of doing it.
And that's fine providing your not in the middle of a game and want to get a screenshot.
This is were my problem lays.