Tegra Note 7 Forums Are Open!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Designed by EVGA, the Tegra Note 7 packs NVIDIA's 1.8GHz Tegra 4, a stylus, a built-in 5MP rear camera, 1GB of DDR3L-1600 memory, a 7" HD IPS display (1280x800), and a VGA front-facing webcam. There's also 16GB of storage, a microSD expansion slot, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS + GLONASS, an ambient light sensor, HDMI output, USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a 4100mAh battery that's supposedly good for up to 8 hours of HD video playback. Pre-orders are open now at $199.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Even though the Stylus input, at least for now, isn't as tightly integrated as the Galaxy Note line of devices this tablet really interests me. At half the retail price of the Galaxy Note 8" and showing off the Tegra 4's enhanced capacitive stylus functionality this baby could be a winner.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am also interested in this tablet. Well this tablet line, I want a bigger screen.
Is GPS missing from this tablet?
I hope not, that's a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I'm pretty sure GPS is part of the Tegra 4 SOC and according to edap it had GPS and GLONASS.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I'm pretty sure GPS is part of the Tegra 4 SOC and according to edap it had GPS and GLONASS.

Ok thanks the link posted is to the shield not to the note, my search of note didn't show GPS, the shield does, but I have no use for it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Even though the Stylus input, at least for now, isn't as tightly integrated as the Galaxy Note line of devices this tablet really interests me. At half the retail price of the Galaxy Note 8" and showing off the Tegra 4's enhanced capacitive stylus functionality this baby could be a winner.

I think pressure sensitivity and pinpoint precision on the GALAXY Note is still going to beat the capacitive stylus for many people's needs, and programs like Clover Paint that do things with the pressure sensitive input ( like control opacity, blend rate, etc.) will probably not work with this. But, then again, an artist would probably not be drawing on a 7-inch tablet. And, hey, Tetra 4's stylus seems to be getting good previews, so far.

mtec

Feb 28, 2014
has anyone used a game controller with it yet, either usb or Bluetooth. I can't find any info on what will work with it

mtec

edap

Dec 12, 2012
NVIDIA has confirmed that its Tegra Note 7 tablet will be receiving the latest Google mobile operating system platform, Android L. According to Fudzilla, NVIDIA is not currently in a position to provide any details of the release date although availability of the Android L on the Tegra Note 7 will not be long following Google's announcement and release on its devices. The company has seen to it that its devices run on the latest operating system.