Tether from Nokia Phone to Tablet

CDhacker

Jan 7, 2011
Tether from Nokia Phone to Tablet

1. On your phone:
1a Open Ovi Store and search for 'joikuspot'.
1b Download the light version and install.
1c Close Ovi Store
1d Start Joikuspot
1e Set-up everything

2. On your tablet:
1a Search for your created Wifi Network
1b Connect
1c Start browser and surf!

Video:

Enjoy!

More info:
Click here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
I like Nokia phones but their OS is behind the times. See no reason to spend that kind of money for a portable hotspot. Would be cheaper to just get cellular service on the ipad instead of paying extra for the tethering. And if you tether without permission your service is gonna spank you!

Am glad Nokia gave up Symbian but was hoping they would jump on Android or WebOS instead of WM.

jonqrandom

Mar 26, 2011
CDHacker, do you have a symbian phone running JoikuSpot, and an android tablet? JoikuSpot can only create adhoc networks (a limitation of symbian), and android needs to be rooted and messed with to connect to adhoc networks. and yes, i tried this with my n97 and rooted a81g, and it doesn't work, even if you add the SSID manually in wifi settings. when i have tried the more complex methods, i'll report back.

Coolcamper55

Mar 16, 2011
I too tried this with my Nokia N75 using Joikuspot and it is correct to say it does not work as the tablet will need the wpa_supplicant file changed and after seraching high and low there is an apk that can manage the change. My problem is that I have three locations where the WPA file resides and which one is the one to ammend is my problem.

Tommy

nieye

Apr 22, 2011
This mobile robot is very good!
Android 2.2 Star A3000 A5000 3.2quot; WIFI TV GPS Dual Sim D...USD 136.36/Piece,10 Items Per Lot Wholesale Price at **********