TF700T Vibrates Forever, but Won't Turn On

JustAsIAm

Apr 3, 2011
I have been using my TF700T for a very long time. I used to have it hooked up to the keyboard dock, but disconnected it from the keyboard about 4 months ago. Now, I wanted to use the keyboard again, so I plugged it in.

When I did so, the tablet would not turn on at all. When I had power plugged into the keyboard, the light would turn off when I plugged in the tablet to the keyboard, and then turn back on when I disconnected it.

Now, that it is disconnected again, when I try to turn on the TF700T, nothing shows up on the screen, but the entire unit vibrates continually until I press and hold the power button along with the Volume-Up button for about 10 seconds; then it shuts down.

I have tried using the reset pin-hole on the side of the tablet, it just repeats the issue.

Ideas?

JustAsIAm

Apr 3, 2011
No, the screen remains blank. I just continually feel the vibration and imagine that it will continue until the battery dies or I manually shut it off via the PWR+VOLUME-UP.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I see you posted this on the TF forum as well. My suggestion would be to see if you can get HDMI working to see if you can see the screen at all.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Any decent computer store should have an inexpensive one. It's the only way to see for sure if the screen is the problem.

JustAsIAm

Apr 3, 2011
I hear you. I cannot understand how that might be the problem. I literally have not done anything that could damage the screen. And even if I did, that would not explain the continual vibrating of the unit.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Things fail and it isn't necessary for you to have done anything for it to happen. Electronics can be fickle.