The longest battery life on a budget Android tablet

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
So what sort of battery life is achievable? If it's your biggest priority, and you're willing to switch off WiFi, dim the screen etc, how long can you get? 8 hours? 10 hours? More?

Which make and model will give you the longest battery life, without spending more than $200?

androidguy

Jan 11, 2011
I can get 5 hrs from my Superpad 1 and 2 doing the above.You can download Juice Defender or Battery Dr saver from marketplace. That should help extend battery life. I doubt you'll get anywhere near 8 to 10 though. I barely get that out of my HTC sensation.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
So what sort of battery life is achievable? If it's your biggest priority, and you're willing to switch off WiFi, dim the screen etc, how long can you get? 8 hours? 10 hours? More?

Which make and model will give you the longest battery life, without spending more than $200?

hi badger,
for an android tablet pc, you want a battery life for 8hr,10hr and more? maybe you should wait for a long long time....:p
as i know, a tablet PC works for 5 or 6 hours, can be told "long battery life", so, how do you think about this one: 8 inch LCD Google Android 2.3 OS Tablet PC with SAMSUNG S5PV210 CPU 1.2GHz Long battery life - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
I can get 5 hrs from my Superpad 1 and 2 doing the above.You can download Juice Defender or Battery Dr saver from marketplace. That should help extend battery life. I doubt you'll get anywhere near 8 to 10 though. I barely get that out of my HTC sensation.

Thanks! I read a few reviews of the HTC Flyer that claimed it could... it's just a bit out of my price range (and it has all kinds of features that I don't need). I'd be sooo happy if Android could somehow create something compatible with eInk - I know there are gamers out there who'd hate it, but it would be great for my needs (email, basic web browsing, reading, music and maps). The black-and-white screen would be well worth the compromise to get over a week's battery life!

frivlus

Oct 28, 2010
While Flytouches get progressively better, the same can't be truly said for their batteries. True, they have gotten better but, don't expect anywhere near what you get from mainstream android based products. I have replaced the battery in my FT1 and FT2 twice.

Remember, most Android tablets devote a gret deal of batter life to the display and wireless.

Manage the display drain, by reducing the brightness and the wifi issue by disabling it when you aren't using it. Both are easy adjustments that prolong battery life.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
... it would be great for my needs (email, basic web browsing, reading, music and maps). The black-and-white screen would be well worth the compromise to get over a week's battery life!
I expect that both web browsing and maps would be exceedingly un-handy in black and white. Colours are used on web pages and on maps extensively to differentiate things. The Vizio VTAB1008 can be had from either Costco or Sam's Club for $235 + tax, probably does all that you want, and gets 8-10 hours--depending upon how you use it, for many (most?) users. I typically get eight hours or better from mine, doing a mix of the Facebook app, various news & weather apps, this forum's app, web-browsing and Netflix or Hulu Plus. I've gotten well over eight hours just reading (Nook app).

Some people report much lower run times.

Some people complain the charge time is overly lengthly.

Jim

Last edited: