"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

glampie17

Jul 20, 2012
Hello. I keep getting this error message pop up: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and I am unable to do anything on my tablet right now because of it. What does it mean?
I've tried turning my tablet on/off, letting it die, using it fully charged, and hitting the reset button (doesn't seem to really "reset" rather than it just turns off then on again).
This message pops up steady... I will hit the "
Force close" button (the only button I can push when it comes up) and the message will pop up again within seconds.
I will also occasionally get an error message similar for my different apps... "
The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again", "The application Twitter (process com.twitter.andriod) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". (same with Hotmail, or Facebook, and various other apps).
I cannot access anything on my tablet when these messages pop up so it seems there is virtually nothing I can do.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hello glampie, welcome to the forum. You can try this... Go into Settings>Applications> All apps then find google.services.framework. Select it and choose force stop then clear cache then reboot.

glampie17

Jul 20, 2012
Hello, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, I am unable to access anything on my tablet. This message keeps appearing and I am unable to click on anything.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try rebooting and then doing it first thing. If you can't get into settings to clear it, then you will need to look for the instructions on how to do a Factory Reset on your device. This is usually a button combination such as holding power and vol+ at the same time while turning the device on.

glampie17

Jul 20, 2012
My problem seems to have disappeared. Prior to this happening where I couldn't do anything, I had the message come up a couple times.
Any ideas as to why this happens or how I can prevent it from occurring again?

brylee

Jan 6, 2013
i have a ice cream tablet and it shows that on everything i dont have a "applications" button and iv reset it and everything nothing is helping any ideas?