[ThinkTank] CyanogenMod for CMP741e

mastermind278

Jan 13, 2013
So today I began playing around with CyanogenMod for the CMP741e.

I believe it would be smart to first start off with CM9 versus CM10, as our device is already on ICS.

So first thing I did was try to create a compatibility pack, I dumped the bootloader and got the script files from my running device:
adb shell
mkdir /sdcard/nanda
mount -t vfat /dev/block/nanda /sdcard/nanda
adb pull /sdcard/nanda

From there I was able to get the script files that are made I was able to make a compatibility pack similar to a few other devices:
Dev-Host - cmp741e-compatibilityfix-v1.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

From there I decided to see if we had a touchscreen, in which we did not, so I flashed the kernel from the device originally and that seemed to just boot to a blackscreen.

At this point I am reinstalling my Ubuntu VM to play with our kernel to see if there can be some ramdisk simple edits that can be done to modify it to boot properly.

As always I am making this thread to bounce ideas with others and others throw out their ideas. This has worked previously on other devices I have worked with so here's for the same!

mastermind278

Jan 13, 2013
Looking at the script file from the dump after modyfying them to .fex I find the following:
[recovery_key]
key_min = 4
key_max = 6

Might be something interesting....

Script files also confirm:
ctp9_name = "gt811"

Playing with Keytest.apk I found out the following:
Power Button = Key 26
Volume Down = Key 25
Volume Up = Key 24

Back button (circle) = Key 4

So it seems that nothing is programmed at key 6...

Nonetheless, if we change the script file it might be possible for us to do key 26+ key 25 and boot into recovery....
What does everyone think?

Last edited:

DerpyTails

Aug 31, 2012
Any word on something like this for my CMP741D :)

Sent from my Craig CMP741D using Tapatalk 2

wfg97079

Jan 14, 2013
Thanks very much for this. As someone who is new to CM, can someone identify if this port has any issues on this device? Also, with this device, whats the process for installing this port?
I have modified the CM9 port for the d2pad to work on the cmp741e.
Posting link once it finishes uploading to mediafire
CM9_cmp741e-signed.zip

jholt5638

Oct 27, 2012
The only problem I've just found is that the system partition is full I have to investigate that but all the hardware does work.
The Thunderbolt port does not have this problem. As to install it you need the custom recovery in the tut on how to install gapps
copy the zip to your sdcard reboot into recovery do a factory wipe then install from zip and reboot system

jholt5638

Oct 27, 2012
Changes I made is that I made a copy of my boot.img and replaced the kernel modules with the ones from the factory image copied the idc files and placed them in /system/usr/idc. It seems that maybe my cmp741e has a different touchscreen driver than everyone else, mine seems to use zet6221 driver. Finally I replaced the /system/lib/hw/ audio related libraries with the one from the stock image

agk4444

Feb 4, 2013
ok I finally got it working. i just copied gt811.ko to /system/vendor/modules and gt811.rc to /system/usr/idc/ from factory image. Make sure you have proper permissions when you copy the files. Now trying to get accelerometer working.

Last edited:

spock1104

Feb 9, 2013
I have two CMP741e tablets, both with the gt811 touchscreen. I've taken a different approach, trying to get one of the two active A10 CM10 ports working on our device. shaun2029's repository is out of sync with the sunxi project and so I had to try to port the source code for the gt811 touchscreen, and the myfluxi repository is up-to-date. I also found several kernel modules on the internet and tried those, along with my own compiled modules. Either I corrupted the gt811 firmware, the screens are wired odd, or the firmware on the chip is odd from the getgo, but my results are all about the same. Vertically the screen more or less works fine, but horizontally the position lags the finger by maybe 10 pixels, and on reaching pixel 350 the registered position moves to the far right of the screen and moves in the opposite direction.

I've somewhat bypassed the error by putting manual calculations of the position into the driver, but the offset is still there and there's still a slight gap in the middle of the screen. Also, with the way the data is structured it only "works" with up to three fingers on the screen, and starts giving very confusing results with fingers 4 and 5. It's a shame too, because the 3.0.50 kernel in the myfluxi repository seems to work very nicely judging from my use after my "latest results." If anyone is willing to be a guinea pig or is a glutton for punishment I'll post my work thus far, but I think this calls for someone much more skilled with drivers since this is my first experience with kernel modules. Just in case, I've put in a request with Craig for their source code and asked Goodix for help, but I don't expect responses back

Also a note on the motion sensor, I opened one of the tablets up to check the components since the driver is ambiguously named bma250_dmard06, which are two different but seemingly related sensors based on various searches. I confirmed that the dmard06 is in use.

Not that it's much help, but this also seems to be the same tablet as the TB4-4/5580 (given by the build.prop)

Last edited:

spock1104

Feb 9, 2013
There's a gt811_malata.c out there that I just started reading through again, and it does similar tweaks to the screen position. It looks like it may be the first portion of the screen is bit shifted, hence the lagging and gap.

agk4444

Feb 4, 2013
This is modified version of Christian Troy Unofficial CM10
Don't use this if you don't know how to restore you Tablet.
Thanks to Christian Troy
I just grabbed his Cm10 flashable zip and replaced it with boot.img-kernal from mastermind dump.

This worked on my tablet that has gt811 LCD. It will only work on tablet that has gt811.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4wapzxjgj9dkhs/cm10_a10_20130212-signed.zip

Things that don't work yet
1. NO AUDIO
2. Looks Like HW video doesn't work Yet
3. Camera doesn't work yet. Looking to edit Camera.cfg in etc section.

Any ideas to fix those will be appreciated.
Thanks to Mastermind for the dump

Last edited:

hugott

Jan 19, 2013
Hi i been testing thunderblot and cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial versions on my cmp741e factory made may 2012 this issue i son both roms accelerometer is not working working the screen dosent move went you move the tablet went is landscape and porting sorry my english the only roms that are working for my are the holt5638 version cm9 say the model is “novo 7”and thunderbolt say is “D2Pad” i dont now what is this i am new, the big issue on cm9 that the internal memory SDcard is full please fix this not the extsd. The versión of vampirefo is not working the touch on this tablet please i will like that you all you make the fastes and stable custom roms ever for the cmp741e thanks a lot for everything and for you time i like this tablet, hey another question can you make a custom kernel to use with setcpu? And say what are the best and performance settings? I would like to use this app…
special thanks to / agradecimientos especiales a
vampirefo
holt5638