Thor A500 ROM v14.2 - Android 3.2.1

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have questions regarding loading of the ebooks, in the stock rom you can copy the ebooks to the nook folder and then point the any of the ereaders to the folder. now i am lost. also playing videos has become a little hasle since the asus video player is not working for me.
That what you get when you root an ACER into thinking it is an ASUS - some things work and some don't. By the way Mine's running as stock - the same as Icebike's.

ZwRaven

Jan 8, 2012
First off I love this rom, best one out there.

My Question: Does anyone have any clue how to get it to stream xvid/avi files? I don't wanna convert all my numerous movies to .mpeg4.

Thanks!

ZwRaven

dave_w_h

Jan 8, 2012
I just found Player in the market. I put my AVI movies on a USB stick. When I want to watch a movie put the stick in and Player will play it. It has a 1 week trial and then I assume it must be purchased, but the purchase price is under $5.00 so not bad at all.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

dave_w_h

Jan 8, 2012
Just noticed that the name of the app did not show. It is called "Vplayer" Hope this helps.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

pcascio

Jan 3, 2012
When I go into the Apps screens I see the icons for all the apps, but there are blue outlines of app icons on either side of thescreen. Is that simply decorative?
Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
When I go into the Apps screens I see the icons for all the apps, but there are blue outlines of app icons on either side of thescreen. Is that simply decorative?
Thanks

Hmmm, did you try tapping on them? It will scroll to the next (or previous, if on the left side) screen, same thing as you tap on the borders in the workplace...

pcascio

Jan 3, 2012
I did that, but I thought there was more functionality than that, expecially because there are four on each side. Thanks.

lukasv

Jan 2, 2012
My previous question remains unanswered, so be it. Got another one. How long does the battery work for you with this ROM? Without idle, I mean. Probably the most accurate measure would be the "screen on" time..

Thank You all in advance

Jax

Jan 14, 2012
I have 3 acer a500 tablets, with the 3.2.1 and when one of them were doing an update I am guessing my grandson turned it off... So it was stuck at the lock slider screen and would not charge or anything.
I found a site where HD87 had posted a few downloads, I tried them, and it got me out of that screen, however alls I got was a red line that said it failed.
I now have a blank system...Can you help please.....before my grandson goes nuts lol