Top 4 Fastest Growing Retailers in America: Amazon, VZW, Apple & AT&T; Apple NOT 1st

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
online-retailers.jpeg

Yahoo! had an interesting little quick writeup on the 15 fastest growing retailers in America, and the top four surprised me, so I thought I would share it with you guys. First of all, believe it or not, Apple was not in the number one spot, although in hindsight I wasn't surprised when I found out who was in first. Second, I was also surprised by a couple of the companies in the top four, namely Verizon Wireless and AT&T. We think of them as cell service carriers, which makes it easy to forget that they actually "carry" retail products for sale to go along with those services. Apparently, smartphones are such a high commodity in the world that it has propelled these two companies into the top four. At any rate, here are the top four in order:
  1. Amazon
  2. Verizon Wireless
  3. Apple
  4. AT&T
I would not have guessed some of this. Feel free to take a gander at the other eleven on the list at the source link below. (Speaking of eleven, the convenience store/gas station "7-Eleven" was number five on this list.)

Source: Yahoo!