Touch screen issues once tablet booted

AlisonR

Jan 13, 2013
About 4 months ago I bought my son a cheap chinese tablet, it worked okay for a week and then the battery went flat, even though it was switched off, but completely flat and we couldn't charge it. We did some research and found that it does seem to be a common problem on all sorts of tablets and the only way around this was to open the back up and physically jump start the battery as you would do a car, surprisingly this did the trick and it charged up fine and we have not had a repeat of the issue.

However we now have another issue, the tablets boots up fine, the screen looks fine and the little android robot appears. Once you are on the unlock screen the screen is either unresponsive or if you do get it to respond it doesn't follow your finger and shoots off somewhere else, on the rare occassion that we can now get the screen to unlock the screen just whizzes around and if you try to select something it will choose something random.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it be an issue with a loose connection? My son says that he hasn't dropped it, but like I said it was a very cheap tablet so maybe not of the best construction!

Any help is much appreciated :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Alison, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!