Touch screen sensitivity issues

shanep42

Nov 6, 2011
Just got my new Sony Tablet S the other day and was excited to start using it. Started adding apps, bookmarks, etc, then tried to rearrange/move/delete the icons to have the screens set up how I want them. This is where the frustration began. Every time I touched an icon, it would open. Sometimes I could drag it just a little, but it would "release" before I had it moved where I wanted it. I spent way too much time trying to do this and it was extremely frustrating. Also noticing that the keyboard seems overly sensitive. It repeats letters a lot when the key was only struck once.

Is there a way to adjust the touch sensitivity? Is anybody else having these issues, or is it just me?

I have an Android phone (EVO 4G), so it' s not like I don't have any experience with stuff like this. It's much easier to move this stuff on my phone.

Thanks!

DatsHim

Nov 3, 2011
Your doing it wrong touch and hold icon to move

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

shanep42

Nov 6, 2011
No, I don't you understand. I know exactly how it should work. What I'm saying is that doesn't work on my Sony Tablet. I cannot touch and hold the icon to move it, because as soon as I touch the screen, the damn apps open. My screen is WAY too sensitive. I have been so frustrated with this device. At this point, it is the worst piece of crap that I've ever spent money on. I also can't type because the letters are so sensitive that it almost always repeats letters like thisssssssssss. I had to type this from my desktop computer because it took me ten minutes to type two sentences on my tablet. I need a fix for this or I'm sending it back. Help please!

Is anybody else having this issue?

shanep42

Nov 6, 2011
And there are also times when it makes selections when I'm not even touching the screen. It will highlight and open things without being touched. So is miine just slightly defective or do others have this problem. I'm seriously about ready to return this thing.

gportiz

Oct 19, 2011
I have the same problem. My Sony Tablet is extremely sensitive. For instance when I'm in the Android Market and attempting to browse the different apps available, I have a hard time scrolling up and down because as soon as I touch the screen it opens up an App. I also have an Apple Ipod and and Anrdroid Cell phone and never experience this issue on them. I've been wondering if maybe I have a defective unit. I'm thinking about going to a Sony Style store to test it against a display model.

Anyhow if anybody knows how to adjust the Touch Sensitivity of the screen please share.

Thanks...

shanep42

Nov 6, 2011
Talked to sony support and there is no way to adjust touch sensitivity. They had me reset the tablet to see if it helped. It did not. I'm going to be returning it. I hope it's a defective unit, if not, this is the worst electronics purchase I ever made.

giannekb

May 3, 2012
i also have the sony tablet s,and i was really bothered by the screen sensitivity,however i just figured out how to change the touch sensitivity. go to settings-accessibility-touch and hold delay..choose either short,medium,long. i chose medium. i dont know if u still have the sony tablet, but just wanted to help.

marsupiale

Sep 6, 2012
And there are also times when it makes selections when I'm not even touching the screen. It will highlight and open things without being touched. So is miine just slightly defective or do others have this problem. I'm seriously about ready to return this thing.

I have the same problem, sometime when i activate it after the standby , starts application like the remote control or other , i have to wait some second/minute to finish the bug.
Someone have found solution ?