Transferring Music From PC To Lenovo Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqbob2016

Jan 24, 2016
I am attempting to transfer music from my HP PC to my Lenovo Android tablet. I synced the music files to the tablet and it shows that the songs transferred to my tablet but I cannot locate them.They are not in my music folder and I cannot find them elsewhere. When I attempt to transfer them again I get a message that they are already of the Android device.
This has me scratching my head, any suggestions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You didn't say HOW you transferred them. There are a few dozen ways to do that. If you install JetAudio from the Store, it will find them if they're on the tablet.

You may want to consider installing Google Music on the PC. It will upload all the music it can find on your PC to the cloud and it will then be available through the Google Music app on the tablet.

Add your music with Google Play Music Manager - Google Play Help

bbqbob2016

Jan 24, 2016
Welcome to the forum

You didn't say HOW you transferred them. There are a few dozen ways to do that. If you install JetAudio from the Store, it will find them if they're on the tablet.

You may want to consider installing Google Music on the PC. It will upload all the music it can find on your PC to the cloud and it will then be available through the Google Music app on the tablet.

Add your music with Google Play Music Manager - Google Play Help
Thanks for your response. What I did to transfer the files was connect the tablet to my PC with the USB cable, I then opened Windows Media Player, synced the tablet to the PC and drag and dropped the music into the tablet. It indicated that it was downloading but afterwards I could not find the music files on the Lenovo tablet. This is my first attempt putting music onto an Android device (Android is fairly new to me) so I must have missed something. I'll try your suggestions and let you know what happens. Thanks again, Bob

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have no idea where Media Player may have put them. You should be able to use a file manager on the tablet to do a search for them as well.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
What format are your music files in?

My old Lenovo will only play mp3 format. If that's the case, you would need to convert them from the current format to mp3.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.