Transformer Prime Owners in the UK Can Get an Extended Warranty or Refund

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
ASUS-Video-Prime3.jpg

Apparently, users in the UK who are experiencing some of the issues plaguing the Asus Transformer Prime can opt to either return their tab for a full refund or can get a free six-month extended warranty on the tablet. The two biggest issues facing the Transformer Prime are the serial number problems we talked about before, and the problematic WiFi and GPS issues signal. Asus has already shared they are working on a fix for the former, but the later will be a bit harder to band-aid. The primary problem is basically just a design flaw. They made the entire casing out of aluminum which blocks a large portion of WiFi and GPS signals. Their newer version, the Transformer Prime TF700T bypasses these issues by mixing in some plastic as well.

Unfortunately, Asus is not allowing users to trade-in their OG Transformer Prime for the newer one when it finally launches. As an interesting side note, we have word that France is doing the same thing, or at least, is offering the extended warranty part. There was no word that users could return their tab for a refund.

Source: TransformerForums

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
I have been trying to get an Asus Transformer Prime, but have been unsuccessful. But seeing the teething problems it is having, I am beginning to have second thoughts. So I am following the resolution of the various problems from wifi to gps issues, and will then weigh the decision to purchase the Prime. At this point, due to a lack of availability, I might just wait for the Prime TF700. But in a way, I would still like to get my hands on a Transformer Prime, just to play with one and gain some tech experience on the new hardware...

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Lol, did Asus know that if you enclose a antenna in metal it will almost completely block a signal. They need to fire there q/a people an idiot engineer for this 1.

ideos s7 running tri-zet v3

Jan 23, 2012
I've had my Prime for just about a week now and I have suffered no problems with either Wifi or GPS. I had heard they were problematic and the reason for the delayed launch (hence post-xmas) here in the UK, but presumably they resolved them before launch, or why delay it?

They may, of course, have two versions of the tablet with different internals - which would hardly be a first.

ETA

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum