Trouble with Wifi connection repeatedly failing

Baggie

Apr 19, 2012
Wifi was working fine until recently, think there might have been a system update, it's currently using 3.2.1 (release 2). Now when I try to connect to the wifi it repeatedly cycles in trying to connect to wifi, failing, and repeating.
I've tried:

Restarting the device with and without the wifi off
Wiping the remembered wifi networks
Wiping the secure credentials

Not entirely sure about what to try next as there isn't an enormous amount of support online for this tablet.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try unplugging the wifi router for 10 or so seconds and then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work you may need to update the firmware of the wifi router or change the type of encryption you are using so that it is compatible with the tablet.

Last edited:
J

jimbo7630

Sometimes you have to unplug the router for at least 60 seconds before restarting.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Wifi was working fine until recently, think there might have been a system update, it's currently using 3.2.1 (release 2). Now when I try to connect to the wifi it repeatedly cycles in trying to connect to wifi, failing, and repeating.
I've tried:

Restarting the device with and without the wifi off
Wiping the remembered wifi networks
Wiping the secure credentials

Not entirely sure about what to try next as there isn't an enormous amount of support online for this tablet.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Go to settings wireless then long press on your router and select forget then try reconnecting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2