Troulbe updating firmware

MichaelBrock

Dec 7, 2011
I think I must be missing something obvious. Attempting to follow the directions on the le pan site:

Latest Firmware for LePan TC 970 Tablet Computer

I downloaded the firmware files and unzipped them (there are 3 files in the firmware zip). I attached the tablet to my computer and set it to act as a usb drive. I uploaded the files and apks to the root of the sd card (i.e. the top most level of the usb drive, not sure if there is supposed to be a directory named "ROOT", if so, there isn't one). I disconnected the tablet (after safely disconnecting from the computer). I held down the volume - key and the power key but instead of getting the firmware screen the tablet simply turns on and I see the lock screen. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Michael

MichaelBrock

Dec 7, 2011
Doh, Nevermind. Newbie mistake. Pressing the power button doesn't actually turn the tablet off.....holding it down will give you the option to truly turn it off. Firmware upgrading now.

fuzzmanks

Nov 27, 2011
Were you able to use the SD card that came with the tablet? I've read else where that it takes a faster class of SD card such as a class 6.

MichaelBrock

Dec 7, 2011
I haven't had any issue with the SD card. In fact, I have two of these for presents and haven't had issued with either of them. Once I figured out how to actually turn it off, I had no problems at all updating both to the latest firmware. now pondering the advantages of rooting...doesn't seem to be many just yet.