unlock codes for huawei s7-104

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Not sure what you mean, there shouldn't be any "locked" networks for the tablet, it depends on what carriers you want to connect to and if they support your device configurations. That is a dependency on the SIM and/or the carrier bands.

Check out the Huawei Technical Forum for more information.

P

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Not sure what you mean, there shouldn't be any "locked" networks for the tablet, it depends on what carriers you want to connect to and if they support your device configurations. That is a dependency on the SIM and/or the carrier bands.

Check out the Huawei Technical Forum for more information.

P
S7 is a tablet phone. It has SIM slot, and service providers usually lock it. Once unlocked, you can use any SIM and call, send SMS or browse the net using 3G/HSPDA network.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Norwegian ROM seems to achieve this.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Installing the norwegian 2,2 rom unlocked my s7 from Telstra. I can now also use optus or vodafone sim with it.

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
S7 is a tablet phone. It has SIM slot, and service providers usually lock it. Once unlocked, you can use any SIM and call, send SMS or browse the net using 3G/HSPDA network.
Service providers usually lock phones, however, for whatever reason (partly because it is frequently sold unsubsidized and not through the carrier), locked S7s are extremely rare. For example, all S7s in the USA were sold through Best Buy or Radio Shack - none of them were locked.

We're all aware of what the SIM slot means - you just seem to be unaware of the specifics of the S7.

Since provider-locked S7s are rare, so impossible to help the OP without knowing their service provider.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
The OP is from Brisbane. His provider will be Telstra. All Telstra devices are locked to their network. Flashing the Norway ROM unlocks the device. Having said that, I have switched back to Telstra because it seems to be the only decent network.

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Flashing the Norway ROM unlocks the device. Having said that, I have switched back to Telstra because it seems to be the only decent network.

Have you flashed to another ROM since? I just wonder if the unlocking by the Norwegian ROM is "permanent" or not. While I agree Telstra is the network choice at home, I want to retain the flexibility of using other networks when I go overseas. Hence I am reluctant to try any of the other ROMs, in case the unlocking is "accidental" or not permanent.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
When I get my experimental machine I can test it for you.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Yes, the Norwegian ROM has the added benefit of unlocking the S7 from the Telstra network.