Unofficial CM10.1 for Dell Streak 7

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
This thread is for the development progress of the Dell Streak 7 running Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 using Cyanogenmod 10.1 as the basis.
It is now being moved up a version, from Alpha 1.0 to Beta 1

This reverts us to the ICS-B4 partition layout. The reason being is that Dell decieded to be different and it causes problems with the sdcard fuse daemon. But switching to this layout, it allowed the sdcard daemon to work correctly and give us more space.

Developers:
DerArtem - CM10.1 Port
giveen - CM10 (10.1) Port / Kernel Updates
geramy - Various Tweaks and help with getting sound on CM10 working
DJ_Steve - Original Developer and teacher

Cyanogenmod team - for making the port actually pretty easy
geramy - for all your incredible help getting sound going.
snargledorf - basically rebuilding CM9 for the Dell Streak 7 , to which I was able to base my work off of.
DJ_Steve - for teaching me and all the tips and putting up with my annoying questions
My wife - giving me grace and putting up with the hours I put into this
(oops forgot a couple people)
_motley - for clues onto framebuffers and overlays failing, without him it would have never booted
Borkata - for help with wifi and other little hints.
pengus77 - for helping me fix wifi on CM10.1 (and invertly new changes on CM10 had the same problem)

DOWNLOAD

These are NVFLASH packs, please place your device in that mode before flashing. Make sure you have the drivers installed.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://sellfy.com/p/5ei2/

I apologize about having to charge for it, but I can no longer devote the time to this and the couple dollars justifies my time.

Run the appropriate flashing .bat, start the device up all the way to the lockscreen.
Reboot to Recovery, go to Mount > Use Internal Storage > Install > your_Android_4.2.1_gapps.zip (go download the gapps for Android 4.2.1)
Go to Market and install Goo Manager, and download the update under the jellystreak folder

Beta 2
Working:
GPS
Bluetooth
+previous

Beta 1
Working:
Boots!!!
Touchscreen
Hapatic feedback
External SD
Internal Storage
Power button
Brightness
Root
Capacitive buttons
WIFI
MTP
Sound
Sensors

Not Working:
camera (what do you think I am...a miracle worker?)
External Microphone

What else doesn't work...I"m still checking it all out.

Last edited:

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
RESERVED

sgimpe.jpg

5aj0k4.jpg

14tlkqu.jpg

14bazs.jpg

zbv2q.jpg

2e1bqy8.jpg

1zhpb8.jpg

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Android 4.2.2 for Dell Streak 7 in OP.
I have to charge $2 now for me to continue to maintain it as its a time drain on me.