Unresponsive touch screen, help?

Nanashi

Nov 25, 2012
Hello all! I've had my ematic eglide pro 2 xl for just about 2 months now. I installed the google app store, via instructions here, right after I bought it. Haven't had a bit of trouble until Saturday morning. After using the tablet, I put it to sleep & stored it for the night. When I woke up in the morning & woke the tablet up, the touchscreen is unresponsive. It just sits at the lock screen. The clock works, I can see the internet connection at the bottom, and the charge indicator works. I let the tablet get a full charge to see if that would fix it, it didn't. I tried resetting via the pin on back, that didn't work. I've tried doing the power button + volume up, but that doesn't seem to do anything... perhaps I'm not doing that correctly.

Anyhow, I hadn't installed any new applications prior to the touchscreen becoming unresponsive. It just doesn't like to be touched, I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Please dont take this the wrong way, but

Did you remove the protective sheet from the screen already?
Try a full 'power off' and let it show you the charge state before attempting to start up again. It may just need a 'clean slate'...

Otherwise, you may have gotten a 'bad' one...
They have EXCELLENT support on their website (ematic.us) and will certainly get you fixed up if it is truly 'defective'.
:D

Last edited:

Nanashi

Nov 25, 2012
Just a follow-up: I had tried all sorts of things with the tablet: Resetting it using instructions found at the Ematic website, and even letting the battery die & charging fully before turning it back on. Even went through Ematic support who suggested formatting it. The device's disks would show, but were unable to be formatted. Ematic has confirmed it is a defective unit & I am currently in process of sending it back and receiving a replacement. Kind of a crappy deal to have to pay to send something back when its the fault of the manufacturer. Given the option, I would not have bought the device & would have preferred a refund as compared to a replacement.

The device had always been slow to respond to touch. On average it would take 4 taps in the password field for it to even register the touch, and no it wasn't due to the protective sheet as it was removed upon the devices' removal from box. I took that in stride as this is an off-brand & I can't expect it to respond like an Ipad or any such. (However, for the same price, I could have bought a Kindle Fire.) I only hope that the replacement I receive won't repeat the flaws of the first. At this moment, my opinion is that the bigger screen isn't worth the hassle, stick to a smaller name brand.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Sorry you are going thru that... but have another question...

These designs are CAPACITVE, not resistive... If you try to use your fingernail or something more-or-less non-conductive, it will not 'see' it. You need to use actual finger on these. A special stylus is necessary for the same reason.

One reason why I tend to prefer the resistive type - a fingernail, stylus or something pointy (which is NOT MY finger!) works great.

If it makes you feel any better, they WILL pay to ship the new one to you, so at least you dont have to cover ALL of the shipping! :p
:D