Unsatisfied U30GT-H Owner...

jack123

Nov 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've had a CUBE U30GT-H for about a month, but I must confess to be a little disapointed :( The screen is great, good speed, the one speaker issue doesn't bother me much. However, it's the WiFi connection that spoils everything. Even in the same room as the router, the signal is never better than half the indicator. No signal whatsoever at malls and library. Even in the house, I loose wifi signal in my bedroom, and my house isn't that big...

So, I'm searching again. Any suggestion will be appreciated. I'm looking for something with the same specs, but with good WiFi reception. GPS and 3G is not necessary, although bluetooth would be good.

I've read good things about Window N101. Can anyone tell me if this has better Wifi connection? Again, it doesn't have to be this one.

Thank you

Jack123

ultimatenoob

Nov 15, 2012
Hi everyone,

I've had a CUBE U30GT-H for about a month, but I must confess to be a little disapointed :( The screen is great, good speed, the one speaker issue doesn't bother me much. However, it's the WiFi connection that spoils everything. Even in the same room as the router, the signal is never better than half the indicator. No signal whatsoever at malls and library. Even in the house, I loose wifi signal in my bedroom, and my house isn't that big...

So, I'm searching again. Any suggestion will be appreciated. I'm looking for something with the same specs, but with good WiFi reception. GPS and 3G is not necessary, although bluetooth would be good.

I've read good things about Window N101. Can anyone tell me if this has better Wifi connection? Again, it doesn't have to be this one.

Thank you

Jack123
did you try a different router i read somewhere there was a problem connecting with tp link i could be wrong

jack123

Nov 11, 2012
did you try a different router i read somewhere there was a problem connecting with tp link i could be wrong

That's not it. I've tried in different places, therefore with different routers. The reception is very weak.

Can somebody tell me if the window n101 is better at that?

D

Dawnstar

Hi everyone,

Thank you

Jack123

Windows N101 have the same specs as the Cube

The only differents is they use copper wire for Wifi and the back plate is metal in Windows N101. thats all..;)

I am using the Cube Wifi in my home sometimes up stairs it slow because other members of my family use it. i don't see that a problem

leo2575

Sep 3, 2012
U30GT does have Bluetooth.. I too own the same tablet and didn't face the WiFi problem u have mentioned. Did you try upgrading the firmware. I have 1.06 firmware per-installed on my tablet, i heard the older versions did have WiFi problems.

jack123

Nov 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

Just an update, I've bought a N101, and the wifi problem is no more. It really has a stronger wifi reception, it doesn't have anything to do with the router, or other people using it at the same time. Maybe I just had bad luck with the cube I got, maybe bad wiring or something like that. And I just can't mod it, I confess I don't have the skill :p
Now I have two tabs at home. Anyone in the market for a used Cube, with a slight wifi issue? :-D
Anyway, I'm quite satisfied with the N101. However, I've stubled upon the famous "touch screen ghost" thing. curiously, only when the tab energy is below a certain level (about 30 to 40 percent) and mainly on the internet browser. Other apps work just fine.

Thanks for your suggestions.

D

Dawnstar

Hi everyone,

Just an update, I've bought a N101, and the wifi problem is no more. It really has a stronger wifi reception, it doesn't have anything to do with the router, or other people using it at the same time. Maybe I just had bad luck with the cube I got, maybe bad wiring or something like that. And I just can't mod it, I confess I don't have the skill :p
Now I have two tabs at home. Anyone in the market for a used Cube, with a slight wifi issue? :-D
Anyway, I'm quite satisfied with the N101. However, I've stubled upon the famous "touch screen ghost" thing. curiously, only when the tab energy is below a certain level (about 30 to 40 percent) and mainly on the internet browser. Other apps work just fine.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Maybe the Cube Wifi problem was in the U30GT- W model? or the OME model? When the Cube made the U30GT-H model version 1.6 update software verything was fixed As i said there is no differents in the specs with N101 or Cube