Unwanted Blue Icon

keverne

Oct 3, 2014
I've got a NOOK HD with an AFN microSD card running Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

A half visible circular blue icon has appeared in the bottom left corner of the homepage. It appears on top of what ever app I'm using.
Screenshot_2014-10-03-11-25-26[1].png

When any anything occurs such as when K-9 mail is collecting mail it exposes itself completely and gives a description of that activity in a box. A number appears in the middle of the icon to inform of the number of emails.
Screenshot_2014-10-03-12-08-10[1].png

At rest the number normally shows the date as indicated by Calendar Status Pro in the notifications bar.

I don't know what put it there but I can't shift it and is annoying me intensely. Unlocking the homescreen it will not let me drag it towards 'X remove'

I've looked and looked through settings but I can't get rid of it.

Can anyone help me please?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I have used K-9 but never activated the notifications option. Check the settings in K-9.

keverne

Oct 3, 2014
leeshor,

Thanks for your greeting and reply.

I noticed that K-9 was only one of the apps that is monitored by this icon but to be sure I uninstalled it. Sorry to say that the icon is still there.

It seems to be some sort of watchdog for anything happening anywhere on the system. I used Play Store to install another app and it immediately made an appearance with a download symbol in the middle and a box giving details. On completion a miniature copy of the newly installed apps icon appeared in the middle of the blue icon with a message in the box telling me that installation was complete.

I'm completely lost with this.