Upgrade for chinese Tegra250 clone tablet

kallekula

Jul 29, 2011
Is there anyone out there that can help me to straighten out if I can upgrade my chinese clone tablet to something newer then Android 2.2. I bought a tab from a chinese company called CyberTech this spring. It's 10.1" Nividia Tegra 2 tablet with 3G/GPS, 512MB RAM, HDMI, multi touch. On paper it looks very similar to Motorola XOOM tab, perhaps it's even the exact same platform. My problem is that the tab is running FroYo and it sucks big time. I need to upgrade to atleast Ginger but preferably to Honeycomb. The problem is that these chinese muppets will not release any new sw for my tab, I guess they don't know what they are doing. So, I need suggestions from you people out there if I can flash any custom ROM on my tab ? Another problem that I have is that my tab is not detected by either Windows or Linux. I've tried both Win7 and Ubuntu without success. This means I can't use ADB and not able to use a boot loader to flash new sw. Is there any workaround for this ? In the tab system there is menu called "software upgrade", perhaps I can flash from my Sdcard, I just don't know. At this point this tablet is quite unsuable(since FroYo sucks) and an upgrade is a must. If anybody can help me I would be more than happy.

bennz

Dec 14, 2010
Hello ,

I have a smilar device to yours which is replica of Advent Vega . I am not sure if yours is same but supplier could have provided you with the instruction on how to put the tablet on data transfer mode ( For example I got the drivers from the supplier and if I hold power and back button for 2 seconds while booting it puts it in data transfer mode). then I followed the instruction and put Vegacomb 8.1 on it which works fantastic.

You can contact the seller and ask about the driver for windows and the instruction :)

Good luck

kallekula

Jul 29, 2011
Hi , I managed to get into ROM boot mode and flash VegaComb release 5.1. Most things seem to work fine but I can't get any 3G connection and dur to that GPS is bricked as well. I don't know if this are known problems since I can't find any release notes about this. I also found i another thread that ViewSonic clone tabs (mine seems to be one) are now directed to Advent Vega section. Do you have 3G and GPS on your tablet and if yes does the mentioned things work for U ? Perhaps I should reflash to another version , you mention VegaComb 8.1 ... I really don't know what to put on my tablet.