Please Help with Chinese Herotab M10 (or clone of) Tablet

sunny_side_up

May 30, 2011
Hi,

I'm a another complete newbie, new to computes, Android and the internet (I hear you asking where have you been!) Anyway I just bought my first ever computing gadget, a Herotab M10 (or a clone of), when I turned it on, the start up screen doesn't look anything like the one on the ad. The main difference being missing control icons on the menu bar, on the ad there's icons for return, menu, vol+, vol-, time, power on the right hand side, home and a couple others on the left hand side. On mine, there's only icons for retun, time and power on the right hand side and home on the left hand side. See attached photos.

I had a look a other websites that sells the Herotab M10 (Herotab M10 Android 2.2 Flash 9.7 Cortex A8 bluetooth) , it looks the same except that mine powers up with a separate power adaptor, not via the 30pin plug, it also seems to have more speakers.

Here's the Specs:

CPU - Freescale IMX515 800MHz ARM Cortex A8
OS - Android 2.2 Froyo, Flash 10.1
Memory - 512MB DDR2 Ram, 8GB Nandflash built in Extend Memory up to 32GB via SD card
Screen - 10" Capacitive Multitouch 1024*768 px 4:3
Audio - Built in Loud Speaker and Built-in CameraBluetooth2.5MM headphone jack
Video - Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, MP2, OGG,AAC,M4A, FLAC, APE,3GP, WAV. Support AVI, (H.264, DIVX,XVID),RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV, MOV. Supports 1080p

Some of the programs just crashes or sometimes just hangs and I can't get the bluetooth to turn on, and the only market is this strange chinese one (RuiXin AppShop) that I can't understand. I'm not sure what I can do, I have read in the forum about "rom changes", "upgrades", "flashes", but I don't know which one I should do and more importantly, I don't know how do any of the fixes.

I'd send it back except the postage is so expensive that it's not worth my while.

Would someone please give me some solutions and very detailed instructions for doing the fix. Below is the information on the unit that was sent to me is:

Model Number : HT_PAD1051
Kernel version : 2.6.31-00011-ge4e866b-dirty
Build number: HT_PAD1051_V1.4_update1-eng 2.2 FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110311.234209

Kind Regards

Attachments

• $My Tablet.JPG
    $My Tablet.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 588
  • $Photo from the Ad.jpg
    $Photo from the Ad.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 602

heavy666

May 3, 2011
Im in exact same situation and I really want a advice, is this tablet good?
Is it hackable?
How is the touchscreen?