upgrade stuck on "Upgrading file-system"

Velkan

Apr 16, 2011
Hello all,

I installed this M009 software 20101229 on my Apad and for some reasonthe Touch don't work. I tried a lot of roms and some keep stuck on "Prepare File System" or "Prepare Package File".
Apad Modem m7007.
Someone can help??

thanks all

Botesand

Apr 19, 2011
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! i've repaired my apad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
people, i have found ROM WMT2.1_88 for my epad and there is no problems with anything, if somebody has the same build than me please download rom from link below
MID7_2188.rar
good luck and hope this will solve your problems!!!!
please give info if helped or not

Hi there - I tried various versions of the FW even the one you recommend but still have the "Erase file-system partition fail! Exit!"
"Maybe the Kernel don't support this NAND Flash"

Problem - what else can one try - pleeeeeaaase help :)

cellexpert

Apr 21, 2011
Problem solved! : D

I used this firmware>> pezzas mix up.zip

Edit

I said earlier that solved the problem with correct firmware but I was wrong.

Actually I used the sdcard from my cell phone that solved the problem
I compared both and I've noticed is that the phone was formatted sdcard in "full ". What can be done in mkfs.vfat (linux) -I by adding the command without specifying a partition.

Code:
mkfs.vfat F 32 /dev/sdx -I

Replacing the "x" without specifying the correct drive to partition, that is ... do not use sdx1, sdx2, etc ...
I hope it is useful !

Last edited:

tyrgen13

Apr 4, 2011
I got the same problem.. and my sister bought too, so I had 2 junk tablet but not identical. I had to dismatle 2 tablet and compare it n see the problem, my sister had the old version of tablet which is flat at the back while mine is a hunch back which is the new version. I swap parts and found out that my sis tab problem is the charger and battery, and she admit she overcharge it.. Mine the new version is still brick n found out that mine had a open-usb-flash wired to the board. So i remove it and plug to my pc and check.. It is a 32mb flash.. not 2g nand flash.. i think this is the reason why we cannot reflash the tablet.. N fyi i think the wifi and cam can be remove also and use it as usb wifi and webcam coz it has 4 wires in it.. hope this help. My next move is to connect 4gig flash drive on my device and i hope it will work

kylestanford

Jul 20, 2011
Hey everyone, I have been in contact with the ebay seller that sold me this. She was very nice and helpful. She sent me the original ROM file for this and it worked. It comes in 7 .rar files. Unzip the 7 rar all simultaneously to a script folder.....copy to sd card and fire up your brick.

Send me a private message with a subject of "need rom" and email address or something like that and I'll see if I can get it to you.

hello, need rom, [email protected]

bruno88

Sep 14, 2011
i need help what i have bought was suppossely a 10" flytouch 2 it has the 2 sdcard slots i updated the tablet version to 0.6.1.2(587) after that i either get stuck on updating linux or when i turn it on gets stuck on infotmic with version 0612(587) any help i would really appreciated..

revbradl

Oct 27, 2011
Hi All, I just wanted to post this info in hopes that it will help someone who may be having the same problem I had... I have a 7" MID 8505 Tablet that wouldn't take a flash. I could get it to boot from the SD Card, and it would go through the steps up to the point of hanging at "Upgrading file-system." No matter how long I left it sit at that point, it never resolved. I finally opened the tablet, and I discovered a capacitor that had come loose. It took me a while to figure out where it was supposed to be soldiered, but once I got it back in place, the tablet works like new. I am going to put the following pictures below (in first pict, the loose capacitor is in the large circle. The smaller circle shows where it is supposed to be. The second picture shows the capacitor soldiered down where it needs to be. Also, while you're inside, check the other capacitors... one of the other ones in my tablet needed to have one leg reattached (to the soldier point).

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/16/99/60/87/2011-112.jpg

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/16/99/60/87/2011-113.jpg