USB connection after enabling "USB Debugging"

wja

Apr 26, 2011
Bought two MID7015's in the last two days. First one I set USB Debugging on and then tried to connect to Windows XP machine. No USB icons on Notification Bar on the Kyros and WinXP complained that "USB Device Not recognized". Turning off USB Debugging and rebooting the tablet and PC did not help.

Called Coby Support and after having me reset the device using the reset button on the back and also going to the Privacy menu in settings and resetting the device, the result was the same. Tech Rep said to return the device as it was faulty.

Got a new tablet. Connected successfully to the PC first time out of the box. Turned on "USB Debugging" and could not connect. Turned it off and still could not connect. Rebooted both the tablet and the PC. Still the same fault.

Seems that as soon as you enable "USB Debugging" that it somehow disables successful connection to a PC.

My main interest in the tablet is to be able to sideload an app of my own design, so the USB interface is especially important.

Called Coby again and the escalated to level 2. No reply from them yet.

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
Seems that as soon as you enable "USB Debugging" that it somehow disables successful connection to a PC.
I've connected my 7015 many times to both Windows 7 and XP computers with USB debugging enabled. There's never been a problem mounting the internal and external memory spaces or using adb.

Windows XP did complain about it not knowing about the USB device but I just ignored the error message. I still got the USB notification icons.

Do you have another computer that you can connect your tablet to via USB? I'm thinking there might be something wrong with your USB ports. Maybe try a different USB cable also. Coby packs with the 7015 a USB adapter that goes from standard to mini. I've never used the thing because I have a full length stand to mini USB cable.

wja

Apr 26, 2011
Good suggestion, WhiteWhiskers. I tried it on a different WinXP PC and connected successfully with USB Debugging turned off. Turning it on still allowed successful connect, but the PC complained about the USB Debugging connection because it could not find a driver for it, which would be normal in that I had not installed the Android SDK and such on that machine.

Good excuse to buy a new development machine? It's from 2003 and has already had its motherboard replaced. Time for a proper burial!