USB Hub 2.0 Recommendation for Coby Kyros MID7036-4

osckid

Apr 27, 2013
Would like too find a compatible USB 2.0 hub? If possible would prefer one that uses a power supply so USB devices would take power from Hub instead of tablet.

tHANKS!:)

osckid

Apr 27, 2013
Usually when you get no answer in a tech forum the answer is probably obvious. :eek:

I'm waiting for a gender changer adapter to go from mini USB 2.0 recepticle (female) to USB 2.0 recepticle (female). From there I can start testing power usb 2.0 hub. I'm guessing if there is an issue here I may need a driver and/or edit a usb xml file.

Kind of primitive but I didn't pay allot for this muffler! :rolleyes:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My guess any hub would work, I use cheap powdered hubs myself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

osckid

Apr 27, 2013
Finally, the gender changer came in and plugged in the powered hub, keyboard, mouse optical and it works at first blush.

Still need to test further and report back any funnies but sure is nice being able to use a fullsize keyboard and mouse on a 7" tablet!:cool:

dhtreanor

Dec 19, 2013
Finally, the gender changer came in and plugged in the powered hub, keyboard, mouse optical and it works at first blush.

Still need to test further and report back any funnies but sure is nice being able to use a fullsize keyboard and mouse on a 7" tablet!:cool:

Thanks for your 30 Apr 2013 post about using a fullsize keyboard and mouse on a 7" tablet - wondering if it's still working good?

Also - I'm a newbie to this world, did you need to "root" the MID7036-4 to gain this capability?

What gender changer did you use - and what powered hub? Trying to gain that capability myself, very new to the program and am looking for all the insights I can get.

Thank you.