USB Problem w/Android 6

slamminfan

Jan 1, 2017
Just picked up a new RCT6513W87 DK 11 Galileo Pro from RCA. So far it works great, except for one problem. I can't get it to open up files that I have on USB thumb drives. Have both Micro USB and regular USB ports on this tablet. I can get it to tell me what files are on the drives, but can't get them to actually open so they can be viewed. Even installed ES File Explorer, but they just show "can't open file" in both ES and Android File Manager. The thumb drives all work on another tablet I have (runs Android Jelly Bean), and also on my PC (win 7), and are formatted FAT32. All the settings are correct, as far as I know......USB debugging activated, and set on MTP for the file transfer. I have a reader installed that works on the other tablet and the PC (Comic Rack for android...............yeah, these are comic books saved on USB sticks......so shoot me!:D).

Am I missing something? Have searched forums and Googled every which way I can think of to find an answer. All the solutions that are suggested don't seem to work. Don't necessarily want to root the tablet if I don't have to. I just can't find an answer anywhere. It's probably something simple and obvious, but I just can't figure it out. Can someone please help out?

EldritchEpidemic

Jun 24, 2017
I asked RCA some similar questions. Here are the answers:

Paul Kaszap (RCA Support)

Jun 7, 12:18 PM EDT

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting online support, and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

1) connect to another android tablet (ex: Viking Pro) via USB
>unfortunately the tablet does not link up with another tablet via USB.

2) connect the tablet to a Windows 7-10 PC (and have it recognized),
>the tablet was not made originally to be connected to a PC, however we sale separately a special cable ($20.00) to allow to connect with one.

3) transfer files via USB,
> the USB wil only connect with a memory flash card to transfer data. As for PC, please above answer.

4) connect to the internet via USB tethering,
> unfortunately, it does not have that function.

5)or repair the tablet via the Android Debug Bridge?
>unfortunately the ADB is not a feature either and its not recommended at be used or downloaded as it will avoid any the warranty. If there is a problem, you need to contact our center, and shipped the tablet. The technicians will go over the tablet, and if the tablet was previously modify via root/brick or using adb tools it will automatically be a charge for the services to render back to the original factory settings.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

***Simply Reply to the Original Email, Do Not Create a New Email***

Regards,
Paul
Customer Service Associate