USB stick where do I find files

Nedser

Jun 25, 2011
I have movies and other files on my usb stick but cant seem to find them on my tablet can anyone help

techjordan

Jul 10, 2011
You will need some form of a file explorer, I'm using File Manager HD. Once you load the app, tap the Up button and you should be able to see the usb drive data under usb_storage.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The full path from the root to the usb stick is /mnt/usb_storage

File Manager HD (in addition to being painfully slow) has a bad habit of flattening portions of the file system so that you are never really sure exactly where things are stored.
I really don't see why people think that is such a good file manager. Its a total dog compared to ES File Explorer.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
The full path from the root to the usb stick is /mnt/usb_storage

File Manager HD (in addition to being painfully slow) has a bad habit of flattening portions of the file system so that you are never really sure exactly where things are stored.
I really don't see why people think that is such a good file manager. Its a total dog compared to ES File Explorer.

Hmmmm... I use "File Manager HD (Honeycomb)" (same thing?). Im not trying to hijack this thread, but can you explain more about what you mean by "flattening portions of the file system"?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: