Using Android tablets in China

boatonsea

May 30, 2012
hi!
I plan to buy to an Android tablet PC in USA for a relative in China. I have never used one myself.

1. to download Android applications, does he need Google account?
2. I think gmail is blocked in China, so how does he log in Android Market (Google Play)?
3. is Google Play the only place to download applications?
4. how does he pay for Android applications in China?

thanks for the info

J

jimbo7630

I believe ALL Android tablets are made in China (Shenzen) and most have Chinese Apps on them, I think they also have their own equivaent of "The Market" If the relative is fluent in Chinese he/she should have no probem. If however they use English then they may have the same problems that most westerners do with exported Chinese Tablets. Google Pay can be sideloaded and/or accessed via a VPN "tunnel" (there are many such Tunnels available in the West and I'm pretty sure that there are in China too)

Edit: I'm pretty sure that the Supporting Vendors on here would be able to drop ship within China if you ask them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
hi!
I plan to buy to an Android tablet PC in USA for a relative in China. I have never used one myself.

1. to download Android applications, does he need Google account?
2. I think gmail is blocked in China, so how does he log in Android Market (Google Play)?
3. is Google Play the only place to download applications?
4. how does he pay for Android applications in China?

thanks for the info

Hi boatonsea, gmail is not blocked in China, we also use google account to access the android market, there's no problem to use android tablet and download apps from Android market(google play) in China. :)

boatonsea

May 30, 2012
Hi boatonsea, gmail is not blocked in China, we also use google account to access the android market, there's no problem to use android tablet and download apps from Android market(google play) in China. :)

thanks for the info.

is there any "Local" market for app download?