Using Mini Hdmi Port

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Plugged my mini HDMI cable into the Vizio 8 and then into my 37" VizioTV HDMI port.....Got only audio and no video(tried YouTube and others)...the input on the TV was HDMI 1 and then I tried HDMI 2 ......anyone have success using Mini HDMI to show audio and video) what could be the problem?

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Mine works fine. Your vtab screen should replicate/mirror on your tv as soon as you plug it in and choose the correct hdmi input on your tv.

Have you tried another hdmi cable to rule out a possible bad cable?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Hedgehog000

Nov 20, 2011
Mine works great. Try different cable and tv. Try wiggling cable, it does slip easily.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

joshschw

Jan 13, 2012
Mine also works fine, displays exactly what the tablet itself displays - even orientation. It doesn't run at 1080p or anything, I think it is just scaling the tablet resolution up because it looks a little odd. Still a pretty cool feature I think.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

GeoDiablo

Jan 22, 2012
Hello to all on the forums.
I have noticed that same problem. I can connect the HDMI to my LG 32" fine. But when connecting to my buddies Vizio TV it has only audio and a purple screen.

dnoonan

Oct 13, 2011
Just got off the phone with Vizio support. Said the pink screen is the result of the TV not being HDCP compliant. Didn't offer any workaround. Color me not happy.

Oct 10, 2011
Said the pink screen is the result of the TV not being HDCP compliant. Didn't offer any workaround. Color me not happy.

You can thank Hollywood for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection or as most people call it High Def Copy Protection. Many cheaper TVs left this feature out so they could dodge the licensing fee necessary to include it.

am_fm_radio

Nov 8, 2011
HDMI is not a standard. There are different scan rates and such. I am almost sure the output of the VIZIO is fixed and the TV is not auto scanning the rate. Same thing happens with various computer monitors and video cards on computers.. I doubt if the TV has any scan rate adjustments in SETUP but I'd go look.