Using Micro hdmi Port on Vizio 8

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Using my Mcro Hdmi Port I can display what is on tablet on my Non Vizio(a Westinghouse) TV but when I connect any one of my 3 Vizio TVs(37",26",19") all I get is audio and a pink screen..Can't understanding this..I've tried different cables with the same results.....Is their a certain sequence in using the the Vizio micro port with Vizio TVs,....Tried both Hdmi1 and Hdm12. Anyone else have this problem and any ideas that can solve this.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
Try wiggling the cable a little. I have a samsung and I get that sometimes when I bump the tablet and the cable is plugged in. Also try inserting the cable to the tablet first and then the tv and vice versa. Does your tv switch to the inputs or are they only active when the tv receives signal from the cable?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
My vtab works fine with both of my XVT series Vizio sets.

dnoonan

Oct 13, 2011
Just got off the phone with Vizio support. Said the pink screen is the result of TV not being HDCP compliant. Didn't offer any workaround. Color me not hap

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
So what all do you need to use the hdmi port? what kind of cable.
Once the cable it hooked up do you just start playing say a movie on Netflix or a video and it will show up on the TV.
I have never used a hdmi port on anything so I have no clue how to go about using one.

bkaler

Oct 13, 2011
Using my Mcro Hdmi Port I can display what is on tablet on my Non Vizio(a Westinghouse) TV but when I connect any one of my 3 Vizio TVs(37",26",19") all I get is audio and a pink screen..Can't understanding this..I've tried different cables with the same results.....Is their a certain sequence in using the the Vizio micro port with Vizio TVs,....Tried both Hdmi1 and Hdm12. Anyone else have this problem and any ideas that can solve this.

I can confirm the same results, what I've been told is to buy another cable, but it wasn't important for me to drop another 10$ on a cable on what I feel was a "go away" answer from Vizio. It seems like Micro HDMI is very particular about the display. Same pink screen (or sometimes digital snow) on a Dell WFP2408 and an Asus 27" monitor (can't recall model at the moment)

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
Vizio gave me the HDCP answer for the TV HDMI port also. That does not fly since my M260VA Vizio TV Hdmi ports are labeled in the Manual as HDCP capable.

HydroCarbon

Oct 21, 2011
My Vizio VO47L also shows a pink screen with my Vtab plugged in the HDMI port, but with my Motorola Atrix 2 plugged in, same cable, same port, the Atrix 2 has no problem playing..........:confused:

eracer

Nov 20, 2011
Same issue here. Some tv's work and some don't. Some work only part of the time (!?) tried wiggling cable, etc. No rhime or reason ro it.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
I had also problems to get my TV connected untilled i found out that the cable i usually used for my laptop was just too long, when connection g using the short cable from my sat box it just works.

--------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vtab1008

kroels

Mar 6, 2012
Hmmm, I'll have to try mine on other displays. Plugged mine into a relatively new Panasonic Viera TV worked right away. Generic cord from Amazon, fairly short (about 3 feet or less). HDMI does lose signal strength rapidly over disance, and if the microHDMI on the tablet is low power to begin with a longer cable could cause issues, especially if it is of lower quality or has a flaw. Try a different cable, maybe that would help troubleshoot?

corb

Jul 23, 2012

+1 on this.

I'm actually using the VTab with a Micro HDMI to VGA converter box and all I get is the pink screen. It's being hooked to an older Sanyo CRT Television, but it should be working with the converter box I'm using. Every other Micro HDMI device works with this box regardless of HDCP compliance by the television. The converter box tells the tablet that the port is compliant, regardless.

That tells me that it's the tablet being picky about what is plugged into IT. In other words, the tablet is having a hard time determining if it's plugged into an HDCP device or not, or perhaps it's having a hard time determining if it's plugged into anything...?

Vizio would blame everything else - it's hard to help us when they read their answers from a script.

** I just had a thought... Is there any kind of app that allows you to adjust the resolution or any other display settings other than brightness and what you see in the menu?

Last edited:

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I can confirm the same results, what I've been told is to buy another cable, but it wasn't important for me to drop another 10$ on a cable on what I feel was a "go away" answer from Vizio. It seems like Micro HDMI is very particular about the display. Same pink screen (or sometimes digital snow) on a Dell WFP2408 and an Asus 27" monitor (can't recall model at the moment)

Vizio gave me the compliance answer.

I checked to make sure that my complaint was about TV's whose HDMI connections were compliant.

Then I called Costco Concierge who did not understand my issue, but did get Vizio technical into the call.

That person continued the charade by saying I should not be able to see Netflix via HDMI.

Finally, he offered to do some research.

The end of story was that they sent me a refurbished VTAB 1008.

The HDMI connection with the replacement tab was good on my Vizio and Panasonic TV's using a 3', 6', and 12' HDMI cable.

All is good now and the problem was not the TV nor was it the length of cable.

It was a faulty HDMI connection on the Tablet.