Using net through Wimax Modem via cable in tablet?

cool.dx.rip

Jul 4, 2013
Guys,U already know i am going to buy tablet very soon.Which could be Samsung tablet 7 inch or Kindle Fire or Nexus(May BE) .Reading some Chinese tablets review this questions arise in my mind.Some of there statements make me confused.So i am asking.For ur kind info MY main purpose of buying tablet is using internet through connecting modem by OTG or cable any way.My Wimax modem does not have any software manager in to run internet.It automatically gets connected.
1)Is there any relation with rock chipset based tablet to run internet?
2)If i root my Android OS then will i able to use internet by wimax modem?In any tablet is it possible?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If the modem, no matter which modem, either doesn't say it is compatible with Android or doesn't say drivers are available your chances are slim and none that it would work, even with root. You say it doesn't require drivers but if it requires that you connect it to a system (via USB), to work, it does require drivers it's just that the drivers may be native to whatever OS is running. I have a link below with a list of select known 3G modems that do in fact work.

The only possible option if you root first would be to try this app (PPP Widget) but it's still a crap shoot with WiMAX

cool.dx.rip

Jul 4, 2013
If the modem, no matter which modem, either doesn't say it is compatible with Android or doesn't say drivers are available your chances are slim and none that it would work, even with root. You say it doesn't require drivers but if it requires that you connect it to a system (via USB), to work, it does require drivers it's just that the drivers may be native to whatever OS is running. I have a link below with a list of select known 3G modems that do in fact work.

The only possible option if you root first would be to try this app (PPP Widget) but it's still a crap shoot with WiMAX

SO should i buy a pocket router?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
SO should i buy a pocket router?

The portable router would mostly help if you had no WiFi as the router could connected to a wired network and you could connect to it. But unless the router could also take the WiMAX modem, (Which I doubt), ot won't help.