V.I.A. 2.1 Plus eqauls no in-app purchases

JoeySmell

Jun 1, 2012
Long story short. If you have an application like Bouncy Mouse Free and you try to perform in-app purchase and you click the "purchase" button it does nothing... If you use CatLog to read the log files on the tablet and scroll up you see the error: Access to google market blocked by parental control system.

Vizio had me reset the entire tablet and still I have two tablets doing this same issue. They then told me it was my network. Even though it's clearly an app error and the Parental Control included with V.I.A. 2.1 is the cause.

They also said they wouldn't replace the tablet for this issue. Told me to call them back after testing the other network. Said that maybe by then Vizio would have an update. So which is it Vizio?

At least be straight up with me. Tell me to sit and spin at least that's honest.

So anyone, everyone if you wish to use in-app purchases don't update to V.I.A. 2.1 Plus.

Good day.

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
Did you activate the parental controls? I left mine turned off, yes it took a minute or two to load the ingame sale box, but it did go through for me. Seems like it just slows it down to a crawl.

JoeySmell

Jun 1, 2012
These were replacement tablets for our girls. We had two go bad after Christmas. When we recieved them YES a password was entered into the Parental Control however we never enabled it. On the first tablet I looked at all the options it offered but never enabled it.

Vizio support had me completely RESET the device to factory defaults so it was the same as when we recieved them (No Password set for parental control). Still it didn't work. I would hate to think this simple act would make a PERMANENT change to the tablet.

Either way it needs to be fixed by Vizio. It is thier software that causes this issue. Reguardless of how it starts happening.

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
When ever I contact Vizio, this is the only suggestion they give me, RESET YOUR TABLET. That is there goto for tech support. I seem to find work arounds to my problems without having to RESET THE WORLD.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
When ever I contact Vizio, this is the only suggestion they give me, RESET YOUR TABLET. That is there goto for tech support. I seem to find work arounds to my problems without having to RESET THE WORLD.

Unfortunately not just Vizio, that is the goto for almost all tech support regardless of vendor. A factory reset should be option 3 or 4 in most cases.

bmbirdsong

Jun 12, 2012
I've had exactly the same thing happen to me. I can't even spend the gems I've earned in Trolls N Towers. I'm not even trying to spend real money. It worked perfectly before the update. Now, no go. I haven't contacted Visio yet, but I agree, it's their fault and their problem. I did set a parental control password, but then I disabled it. However, it still wants the password when I go to the settings screen, even though parental controls are turned off.