V972 Dead after firmware update

andrehul

Feb 14, 2014
Hello:
My daughter has a V972 serial V972 QAD1V1B09077. I had constantly problems of it hanging up. Following advice of Onda I upgraded the firmware to V3 following the link on their site. Everything went K, I figured out that the firmware was included in the first link as both point to the same rar file. As indicated everything went as indicated, the USB device was recognized and installed, the software took over and asked me if I wanted to format. As everything was already backed up I choose the forced format. Again, everything as it should and it indicated that the firmware upgrade had been successful.
Now it does not start-up anymore nor does anything else. The screen comes on in black and stays that way. My gouess, and fear is: wrong firmware and no proper boot sector.:confused:
Any suggestions ??
I thank you for your attention and help, my daughter is in all states.
Andre

layneteague

Jun 13, 2012
I've updated several times, now on Android 4.4, using Phoenix. Sometimes I have to hold the power button a long time for the first boot, sometimes both buttons first. All else reload firmware.

andrehul

Feb 14, 2014
Hello:
hanks for the advice; been there,done that, does not work ! Reload firmware ? The PC installs the USB device but that's it, cannot access it !

stevieo63

Feb 25, 2014
I have the Onda v972 v2. You don't need to access the device when you're flashing the OS with PhoenixSuite. Your tablet should be completely off before you flash it.
Here's a terrific video that walks you through it.
I've used this video when upgrading from stock OS, to Jelly Bean, and now to KitKat.
Try checking out arctablet.com.
Good luck.
did you have the right version software for your tablet?
I've seen a lot of people trying to download v2 on their v1 tablets. They're not compatible.

Last edited by a moderator: