Viewpad 10e ???? cant find anything for it ???

zen200

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all, Im new here.

I managed to get a viewsonic viewpad 10e cheap. I like the tablet, but i am having trouble finding any information, hacks, applications for it.

Does anyone know why there is no information, or is it because it shares the same info, hack etc with the viewpad 7 and 7e ??

If anyone can shed some light on the subject I would be very grateful.

P.S. I really want bbc iplayer for it, but it doesnt have full android/google play market on it. Its got 1 mobile market which is limited. Any way to get full market ?

Cheers all.

Zen

zen200

Mar 22, 2012
no replies = no other people looking for information on this device.....

This is totally f**cked up.

This device has alot more features than alot of the smaller tablets, yet no following, roms or hacks.

Viewpadpodder

May 23, 2012
Hi Zen if you still need the Iplayer app either call viewsonic uk support on 0844 4821168 and they will email as they did for me for my VP7e the bbc.iplayer.android-1.0.5.apk or download off the internet. cheers podder

Welly123

Aug 15, 2012
Hi Zen if you still need the Iplayer app either call viewsonic uk support on 0844 4821168 and they will email as they did for me for my VP7e the bbc.iplayer.android-1.0.5.apk or download off the internet. cheers podder

Viewsonic have now released the ICS update for the Viewpad 10e, you can DL from the support section of their website, here:Viewsonic » System and Upgrade
Seems to work quite well, I've had it installed for a few days... but excludes Viewscene 3D, if you want VS3D along with ICS I can give a DL link if you PM me but Viewsonic have said it should be available for DL from their site in a few weeks. I have also been able to get hold of Google Play so PM me if you want that for the 10e.

Regards

Welly

VinnyJ

May 10, 2013
Zen, i have just rooted my Viewpad 10e that was using ICS OS. you need to install Unlockroot Pro (can be found for free on some sites). You will also need ADB1 and market ICS (also found on various sites). first step attach USB lead to comp and select USB connection on your Tablet. install ADB1 and run removesh at least 4 times. now get the unlockroot pro to run (give it a mo and it will find your viewpad 10e) click root and the system will root then reboot your tablet, finally install the Market ICS, your tablet will once again reboot and job done. mine works a treat google play BBC player ITV player the lot. PS when rooting it may take a couple of attempts. remember to run removesh several times again at the begginning.

This link explains what i have just said http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2063756

This link is a shortcut to the packake that has ADB1 and Play ICS http://www.mediafire.com/?4h54jlg9af4v21d#!

Last edited: