Virus Attack

Jan 13, 2015
I made a suggestion for a app you should install that you responded to. That's the only app I can suggest unless you have a specific need or want for some other purpose.

If you can get that problem solved, (before doing anything else) install AVG anti virus.
malware bytes and/or avg virus? should i get one or the other. i thought i should only have one???

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
AVG is for anti virus, Malwarebytes is more for malware and much better to use after an infection. A virus, (there really aren't many true virii around any more), is dangerous. Malware will nag you to death.

Jan 13, 2015
AVG is for anti virus, Malwarebytes is more for malware and much better to use after an infection. A virus, (there really aren't many true virii around any more), is dangerous. Malware will nag you to death.
so i need both? the problems are distinct enough that they won't interfere with each other?

Jan 13, 2015
Yes, and yes. Malwarebytes will be mostly on-demand.
are there any other apps i need to know about? remember, i am a complete newbie. i think i told about one, it wanted to log in to my paypal account, was that a scam, or were they trying to find out if I was real and not some bot?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I've provided you with all the suggestions I have at hand. It's up to you from here on in but I suspect that the PayPal thing was a phisihing attack, a scam.