Vizio missing micro-sd card/ disassembly

mcarter24

Jan 21, 2012
So i just tried to put my micro-sd card in the slot on my Vizio tablet and i guess it went behind where it was supposed to go and it is now stuck down in there somewhere. I am trying to figure out how to disassemble the tablet,(take the back cover off) so i can take the micro-sd out. I read others saying its easy to "pop off" the back but nobody says how they took it off. I was wondering if anybody knew hot to take the back cover off and get the micro-sd card out of there??????

any info would be great!! thanks

Mike

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
That is a good question, I had read that people thing it would be easy to replace the batteries in the 1008. Well they are behind the back cover and as you said, how do you get it off without damaging the back cover?

ronk1030

Dec 31, 2011
Hummm Would be nice to know how to take the back off. Pictures would be helpfull. I wonder if you could add more memory? Humm

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
Looks like they used glue along many tabs on the edges. Maybe these pictures will help.
$VTAB Open.JPGView attachment 5493$VTAB1008 inside 2.JPG

S_Swift

Jan 24, 2012
So i just tried to put my micro-sd card in the slot on my Vizio tablet and i guess it went behind where it was supposed to go and it is now stuck down in there somewhere. I am trying to figure out how to disassemble the tablet,(take the back cover off) so i can take the micro-sd out. I read others saying its easy to "pop off" the back but nobody says how they took it off. I was wondering if anybody knew hot to take the back cover off and get the micro-sd card out of there??????

Mike

I was able to get mine out using a t-pin. You could probably use a needle, but I had a t-pin that fit into the space and wiggled the micro-sd out far enough to grab it with tweezers.

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011

Mike

Use a small screwdriver wrapped with micro fiber cloth

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

am_fm_radio

Nov 8, 2011

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
Question, since you have opened yours. Is the location next to the micro-sd card for the internal memory? Is the internal memory also a micro-sd card. It is on the pandigital white 7" and I've removed the internal memory and replaced it with a larger internal card.

Actually mine is still intact - I just stumbled upon some great photos of the inside that were used for FCC certification. The spot next to the micro-sd was probably going to be used for a sim card that has since been scrapped. I believe the picture below shows the processor and the internal memory card. Maybe someone can look up the SanDisk chip and verify. I hope this helps!

$VTAB Processor.JPG

Gaberoo

Apr 23, 2012

Mike

I am sure I am too late but have just returned mine for this problem. Use tweezers to grab the chip and pull it out.
The port was misaligned on my unit and this was the second time it happened. Not cool.
Will make sure the replacement unit works when I pick it up.