Vizio not at Costco?

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Anyone else notice that Costco online dosn't have the Vtab listed any more? At the same time they reduce the price of the accessory bundle. Is Costco done with Vizio Table? Or is it time for a new model?

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
Just last night I went to Costco and noticed the Vtabs were gone, and just the day before I talked to a couple of people about checking them out :confused:

Grecko

Nov 29, 2011
Well, I can't verify this, but a friend of mine said costco told him it's because of the release of a new model.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

robop

Dec 6, 2010
Well it's good to know their still out there and I see Walmart and Sams club still have them listed on line and they are in stock but seeing Costco pull it from online means they are on their way of getting ridd of them and once the local stores sell out of what they have right now they will be done with it, at least this model hopefully Grecko's friend is right and they are coming out with a new model....Same size though, I like the 8" it's just right!

Slickback

Nov 28, 2011
I work @ Costco in Lake Elsinore and we still have in stock. There is no mention of a new one in the computer system at all.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

dominicv

Aug 27, 2011
Don't worry guys.

At this rate Walmart will be giving them away, I paid $ 298.00 on Sept 5th, since the tablet is not available in Canada, I had to buy it the the U.S. therefore had to pay additional duty and taxes.

Now they are selling for $ 198.00, which in my book means either Walmart is dumping the product or there is a new model coming out, so either way I can't see an Android version 3 for this model.

Dom

tasdisr

Nov 28, 2011
I have seen Costco remove things from their site when they are no longer in stock for online purchase and later add them back to their site when more come in for online purchase.
Both of the Costco's in my area had quite a few in stock.

chicobiker

Nov 10, 2011
I picked up an accessory pack last week and my Costco was out of the tablets. An employee who works regularly in that department told me they were going to get some more in and, sure enough, was in there again earlier today and a whole new display with tablets and accessory packs.

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
Personally, when I saw the price cut to $190 at Costco and Sams on the vtab1008, I figured it was below the cost for Vizio to manufacture the tablet and that Vizio was selling off their inventory before getting out of the tablet business. I bought mine the same day they showed up at Costco. I'd already the reviews, and was ready to make a purchase. If I'm wrong and $190 is a the new price point, then I'll be thrilled. The isuppli Kindle Fire report says it cost $202 to manufacture and based on the reviews I've read it is inferior to the Vizio.

Tcsviz77

Sep 3, 2011
Did ya ever think that their sold out because they've grown in popularity now that its been rooted. And for a low cost tablet it's pretty damn nice. But either way, I have mine and have been very happy with it.

Sent from my Rooted VTAB1008.

robop

Dec 6, 2010
I was at my two local Costco's and bolth of their displace were full two weeks ago and now neither have a display area for it and I asked and they said their out and don't know about more. One of them had a good rep I have been talking tech stuff for a while and he said after me telling him about fetures it had he never new (GPS, and Remote app) he said he has pushed them a little more and sold a lot of them in the last two weeks for the holiday shoppers. So hopefully it just means lots of people are getting Vtabs for christmas and membership here will double soon!!!

mgm1979

Nov 23, 2011
FWIW - I was in my Costo (Lone Tree, CO) and they had a full display of Vizio Tabs and the $29.99 Accessory Pack; Right Next to the new Samsung 10.1...