VIZIO VTAB1008 in the press...

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Had a Acer A500, while I love Acer products I was not thrilled with the A500. Sold it and waited. I finally found the Vizio Vtab 1008. My nephew has a Vizio 46 inch tv and loves it, it cost less than all the others has all the same bells and whistles and has a great picture. I was very surprised at what he was able to get for such a small amount of cash.
So I figured I'd give Vizio a look. The Vtab1008 is a great little tablet and while I am not thrilled with the way the tablet looks when turned on (looks like the app drawer), I downloaded the VTL. Launcher and it now looks and acts like a normal tablet, 5 home screens etc.
I have read posts on other forums where people have ripped this tablet a new back door and I don't know why. It is not a IPad, Not a Motorola Xoom or Asus Transformer Prime. It has never claimed to be anything like it, but it is a great little tablet that does exactly what Vizio says it should, and that says something. To have a company actually sell a product that does what is advertised.
I will be watching for the Vtab3010 and more than likely pouncing on one when they come out.

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Had a Acer A500, while I love Acer products I was not thrilled with the A500. Sold it and waited. I finally found the Vizio Vtab 1008. My nephew has a Vizio 46 inch tv and loves it, it cost less than all the others has all the same bells and whistles and has a great picture. I was very surprised at what he was able to get for such a small amount of cash.
So I figured I'd give Vizio a look. The Vtab1008 is a great little tablet and while I am not thrilled with the way the tablet looks when turned on (looks like the app drawer), I downloaded the VTL. Launcher and it now looks and acts like a normal tablet, 5 home screens etc.
I have read posts on other forums where people have ripped this tablet a new back door and I don't know why. It is not a IPad, Not a Motorola Xoom or Asus Transformer Prime. It has never claimed to be anything like it, but it is a great little tablet that does exactly what Vizio says it should, and that says something. To have a company actually sell a product that does what is advertised.
I will be watching for the Vtab3010 and more than likely pouncing on one when they come out.

Just the opposite for me. Had a VTAB, and liked it for what it was, especially the form factor. But I was able to pick up a A500 for $250, and to pay only $50 more and get 16GB of storage, a gig of ram, more screen real estate, and that dual core processor, well... the Vizio went back to Walmart. That said... I do actually prefer the Vizio form factor, they just need to throw more ram in there and a better processor/GPU and they could have a winner.

X